Vince Marrow to stay at UK

D-Rob

Not only would Marrow have been recruiting Ohio for Michigan, he would have been taking a lot of those recruits from Kentucky, thereby hurting the program he has had a stake in building. That had to at least be a factor in his decision.

Good for the UK program. Now we are seeing the type of commitment the program deserves and needs.

Agreed, this one had me worried. Losing Marrow would set UK's program back substantially, back to square one imo. I'm glad Mitch did the right thing and opened up his wallet.

With the money UK has and is spending on the football program, it would be sensless to not spend a little more to keep the recruiting momentum going. If anything, this could actually help Kentucky in future recruiting endeavors. Recruits now have proof that the coaches and University are commited to turning the program around.

@UKFootball: .@UKCoachStoops has announced that TE coach and recruiting coordinator @vincemarrow has agreed to a contract extension through June of 2018.

@UKFootball: .@vincemarrow: “I’m thankful for the support of Dr. Capilouto, Mitch Barnhart and Coach Stoops with this contract extension ..." (1/3)

@UKFootball: "Our program is headed in the right direction on and off the field with the new facilities and overwhelming support of the BBN ..." (2/3)

@UKFootball: "... I’m excited to be part of it as we continue moving forward.” - @vincemarrow on contract extension through June 2018. #BBN (3/3)

@UKCoachStoops: Vince has been an important part of the growth of our program and I'm excited about his contract extension.

@UKCoachStoops: This reaffirms the commitment Mitch Barnhart and our administration have for Kentucky football. #WHYNOT