Kentucky High School Football College Commitment List (2015)

Ram

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After verifying with both last night these two Dixie Heights Colonels are committed to:

Colson Maichlitt OL/DL - Georgetown College

Branden Johnson OL/DL - Austin Peay

Appears Colson may move from line to OLB/ILB and Branden found Austin Peay to be a better fit than Eastern Michigan and will join teammate Andrew Hedger TE at AP. Congratulations to both of these very good student-athletes and best wishes at the next level. Proud of you two! :thumb:

Will know "more" about Drew Moore, Luke Zajac, and Ben Owens selections by weeks end. It's an exciting time to be a Dixie Heights Colonel...

After verifying with both last night these two Dixie Heights Colonels are committed to:

Colson Maichlitt OL/DL - Georgetown College

Branden Johnson OL/DL - Austin Peay

Appears Colson may move from line to OLB/ILB and Branden found Austin Peay to be a better fit than Eastern Michigan and will join teammate Andrew Hedger TE at AP. Congratulations to both of these very good student-athletes and best wishes at the next level. Proud of you two! :thumb:

Will know "more" about Drew Moore, Luke Zajac, and Ben Owens selections by weeks end. It's an exciting time to be a Dixie Heights Colonel...

Good news! AP will be very happy to have Branden.

There are more local kids who are recruited by D1 schools than the list shows because they end up accepting a D2 offer. The reason is because the D1 school gives a partial scholarship offer while the D2 offers a full scholarship. While the D2 school doesn't have quite the luster the D1 may have, free room, board, and tuition is hard to pass up. Seems like a wise choice for a kid who doesn't expect to play in the NFL or CFL.

Let's be clear.

D1 FBS ONLY offers full scholarships.

D1 FCS (think EKU) can offer partial scholarships.

D2 has 36 full rides. FBS 85 FCS 63. Seems like an FCS would be able to offer more in the way of a full ride than D2.

FCS D1 has more scholarships to offer than D2 but they also get the pick of the litter. They have more players who want to go D1 so more players are competing for those scholarships. Here's what happens... rather I should say what did happen. D1 school offers scholarship but isn't explicit about the nature of that scholarship. Another player comes a long who D1 school considers to be a better prospect so they give the full ride to the other kid. Our local player still gets a scholarship but not a full ride. So the local kid takes the full scholarship to the D2 school. He could have gone to either school on scholarship but chose the full-ride to D2. So my point is that more local guys have offers to D1 than made the final list in this thread because they may have chosen to go to a D2 school when they could have gone to a D1.

Let's be clear.

D1 FBS ONLY offers full scholarships.

D1 FCS (think EKU) can offer partial scholarships.

I did not know this but it doesn't change the accuracy of my statement. I do know of a local athlete who received an offer from a D1 school and later found out it wasn't a full ride so he held off committing. Ended up getting a full-ride to D2 and is tickled pink that he will receive a $45K per year education for free. Good deal, huh?