Courier-Journal's All-State team

Jason Frakes

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collin Portman made Honorable Mention. It's good but wonder if anyone voted who watched him play. Also wish they would spell his name correctly.

He has a stack of trophies and awards with his name misspelled. Maybe he should think of changing it.

Congrats to all that were selected. I felt Belfry's Raquan Horton was robbed. Should've easily been first or second team even as just a sophomore. Also thought Lewis County's Dalton Stamm and Jordan Davis were deserving of an Honorable Mention for DL and DB.

Congrats to all the players. Obviously a lot of horse trading goes on between coaches and in certain districts. Some coaches and teams seem to have a lot of selectees every year.

C-J should change the process to ensure that does not have the influence that it does. At least ensure the obvious omissions are not omitted.

A process more akin to the US Open where you can qualify to be named multiple ways should be used. Using just coaches input is naive and lacks accuracy.

I also think the defensive side of the ball is I welooked on the C-J All State team. Every year you see guys who really make their presence felt on offense make one of the teams on the defensive side of the ball and that does an injustice to those guys who focus on that side of the ball and put up gawdy defensive numbers just to get snubbed by someone who didn't quite cut the cake at their offensive position so they're handed a spot on defense. Again, JMO. Everyone mentioned is more than worthy, just would have some guys in different spots is all.