Simon Kenton 55 Walton Verona 50

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Clink achieved the quickest ejection in the history of basketball for contact with a referee about 5 seconds into the game.

SK came out strong with post play and a couple of 3's in the first quarter. In the second, SK decided not to defend the 3 point line and Walton took advantage hitting 5/7 3's in that period. The game was close the rest of the way with SK making more plays down the stretch to scratch out the win.

Any details?

Walton does not appear to have any bigs this year and this created match up problems on both ends of the court. Meier ended up guarding Ison on the perimeter which caused foul problems for SK.

I get the feeling the last few games that SK has to learn to put teams away. Meier needs to stop the frustration fouls. Neace hit some big shots in the 4th.

Coach Clink achieved the quickest ejection in the history of basketball for contact with a referee about 5 seconds into the game.

SK came out strong with post play and a couple of 3's in the first quarter. In the second, SK decided not to defend the 3 point line and Walton took advantage hitting 5/7 3's in that period. The game was close the rest of the way with SK making more plays down the stretch to scratch out the win.

Coming from a real reliable source, Coach Clinkenbeard got tossed at the 6:39 mark in the 1st quarter. Not 5 seconds into the game.

Coming from a real reliable source, Coach Clinkenbeard got tossed at the 6:39 mark in the 1st quarter. Not 5 seconds into the game.

This is correct. He was vehemently protesting a non foul call when Ison beat Meier down the lane on the left side. Meier out of position brings her arm down across Ison's shoulder/neck trying to block the ball that is away from Meier in her left hand. It was a foul that was not called. Obviously Coach Clink was angry. The ejection was because when Coach Clink went toward half court to protest, he was in the ref's path. The ref did not see Clink, and when he turned to follow the play in transition, he and Coach clink bumped. It was not intentional, however, contact with the ref is grounds for ejection.

Any details?

As stated Bearcats go down early but come storming back shooting very well from 3 line. Very close the rest of the way. Several ties, one lead change. With less than a minute, Walton has ball out of bounds on sideline coming out of their timeout. Ison in the paint drawing three SK defenders makes a nice pass to the block to Simpson. Simpson's shot does not fall. SK gets the rebound, pushes in transition, gets a bucket, leaving time on the clock (about 9 sec) for Walton now down 3. Walton not able to get a shot off as SK was defending the perimeter well.

What was the look on Coach Clink's face when he realized what had just happened? Probably horror, I know I would.

As stated, he didn't handle the non foul call well. But actually, he did handle the ejection very well. Left calmly after a short discussion with another ref on the crew. Coach Trame and Ballinger, took the reigns and they played on.

I was told form a Walton fan at the game he was still yelling about the first no call then get in the refs face and the body bump was 100% on purpose no doubt about it

I was there and the bump was not on purpose. He was out on the floor in the path of the official as stated earlier. I have no ties to either team and this is what I saw, however people will tend to see what they want sometimes. The real question is how are you that intense on the first non-call of the game? That reaction was a down 1 in the fourth reaction with less than a minute to go.

I was told form a Walton fan at the game he was still yelling about the first no call then get in the refs face and the body bump was 100% on purpose no doubt about it

The info you were told is incorrect. There was no intentional contact. I believe the coach knew good and well he was going to get a T. When you go on the court, your going to get one. He did not however, expect the ref to turn so quickly and come toward him with his head turned. The coach was in the referee's path, contact was made, the ejection is the proper call. At that point, the coach was still going to protest the call that he went on the court for in the first place, and in doing so, I am 100% sure there was no second or intentional "body bump"/contact.