Simon Kenton 55 Walton Verona 50

Simon Kenton (5-0)–Shmiade 1 2 4, Blau 1 0 2, Krohman 2 2 6, Giliam 3 0 8, Niece 5 2 13, Bosse 3 4 10, Meier 5 2 12. Totals: 20 12 55.

Walton-Verona (2-4)–Beckham 1 2 5, DeZarn 1 0 2, Mills 1 2 5, Ison 5 5 18, Simpson 6 3 18, Anderson 1 0 2. Totals: 15 12 50.

Halftime: S 34-31. 3-pointers: S 3 (Gilliam 2, Niece); W 8 (Ison 3, Simpson 3, Mills, Beckham).

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated, he didn't handle the non foul call well. But actually, he did handle the ejection very well. Left calmly after a short discussion with another ref on the crew. Coach Trame and Ballinger, took the reigns and they played on.

They will be in good hands with Coach Trame and Ballinger till Coach Clink comes back..

As stated, he didn't handle the non foul call well. But actually, he did handle the ejection very well. Left calmly after a short discussion with another ref on the crew. Coach Trame and Ballinger, took the reigns and they played on.

Reading this again, I think I used the wrong word. I think Coach Clink "handled" it just fine. He took a stand for his player and his team. I got no problem with that. In fact, I like it. To be clear, I probably should have used the word "take". He certainly did not take the non call well, thus the reason for being on the court.

Fourth quarter looked just like Grant game. SK gets a slightest of leads and decides to hold the ball back in the zone. Coach Trame tried the opposite strategy; instead of holding his team back in the zone; he instantly went to man. SK scored within seconds of Walton going to man defense.

Although part of the tossing; I will say that the WV Coach's move of running and "bumping" the referee did break up the SK fastbreak. As soon as there was contact, the whistle was blown. My friend I was with said that they should have allowed the play to continue but I don't think refs had choice. However, those 2 points could have been valuable. I put "bumping" in quotes because I heard the referee say he bumped me. If an ejection is an automatic 3 games, I wouldn't be surprised if his act cost him even more games. Sorry, whether he was standing up for his players or whatever, coach has no business doing what he did by running on court whether or not the bump was intentional or not; dude just lost it. Unfortunate for Bearcats.

Fourth quarter looked just like Grant game. SK gets a slightest of leads and decides to hold the ball back in the zone. Coach Trame tried the opposite strategy; instead of holding his team back in the zone; he instantly went to man. SK scored within seconds of Walton going to man defense.

Although part of the tossing; I will say that the WV Coach's move of running and "bumping" the referee did break up the SK fastbreak. As soon as there was contact, the whistle was blown. My friend I was with said that they should have allowed the play to continue but I don't think refs had choice. However, those 2 points could have been valuable. I put "bumping" in quotes because I heard the referee say he bumped me. If an ejection is an automatic 3 games, I wouldn't be surprised if his act cost him even more games. Sorry, whether he was standing up for his players or whatever, coach has no business doing what he did by running on court whether or not the bump was intentional or not; dude just lost it. Unfortunate for Bearcats.

Worked out okay even though SK scored on that possession. The game ended up tied with about 36 seconds left.

Another thing that has not been mentioned...I thought SK could have gotten a foul, when Walton was down 1 on their second to last possession, an SK defender got into and on the back of Ison while catching an entry pass. The contact pushed Ison from the position she had established just above the block, to a place about three feet further out closer to the elbow. I can't remember if Walton was in the bonus or not, but for Walton, that would have been excellent to have an 82 to 85% free throw shooter on the line in that situation down 1 with only about 12 seconds left.

It appals me that anyone would think that the bump was intentional. It was not, period! He stepped out onto the floor to complain about the call and the referee changed direction and spun to go the other way (Fast Break) and Coach Clink was in the way. It is very unfortunate and i hate it for all parties: Coaches, refs, and players!

The referee did what he had to do and Coach Clink understood and left pretty quietly. Some fans need to quit making assumptions and trying to stir something up. It is over, Coach Clink will sit his games and lets move on.

These message boards spend way to much time trying to tear people down instead of building people up! If everyone on here would put more energy into talking about all the positive things that go on in sports it would be much more pleasant reading and uplifting! Have a great day!

It appals me that anyone would think that the bump was intentional. It was not, period! He stepped out onto the floor to complain about the call and the referee changed direction and spun to go the other way (Fast Break) and Coach Clink was in the way. It is very unfortunate and i hate it for all parties: Coaches, refs, and players!

The referee did what he had to do and Coach Clink understood and left pretty quietly. Some fans need to quit making assumptions and trying to stir something up. It is over, Coach Clink will sit his games and lets move on.

These message boards spend way to much time trying to tear people down instead of building people up! If everyone on here would put more energy into talking about all the positive things that go on in sports it would be much more pleasant reading and uplifting! Have a great day!

It was a key component to the game and not something you see very often. I was not at the game and am curious as to what happened. The majority of the posts I see imply that the bump was not on purpose and that the team played well in spite of it.