Madison Central 61 Apollo 57

What's the deal with Madison Central? I know the 11th is really tough. After looking at early results I think it was truly overlooked in the BGP Rankings. It doesn't have any elite teams but it has a lot of really good 10-25 range teams.

Better check the MC/Lafayette s from last nite..

What's the deal with Madison Central? I know the 11th is really tough. After looking at early results I think it was truly overlooked in the BGP Rankings. It doesn't have any elite teams but it has a lot of really good 10-25 range teams.

Right now, it appears they are playing without Sam Jones, one of the top players in the 11th.

They took a tough loss to Lafayette in Lexington last night and were beaten in a scrimmage by a good Clay County team, but they are definitely a team that shouldn't be overlooked and could easily be one of the top 5 teams in the 11th when at full strength.

I agree Madison central is a quality team. That score last night would have been way different with jones on the court. This was a nice win for them considering he is out. I thought he was there best player when Clay county played them

Lafayette beat North Laurel by 25 tonight behind 26 from Lucky Johnson.

Everyone was calling me nuts this summer when I said I thought they'd be good. They have some kids that can play and the Mendenhalls know the game. Losing Wright really hurt, but they'll be a really good team this year and anyone who beats them will have earned it. Definitely not the type of team to just show up and beat themselves often, IMO.

Everyone was calling me nuts this summer when I said I thought they'd be good. They have some kids that can play and the Mendenhalls know the game. Losing Wright really hurt, but they'll be a really good team this year and anyone who beats them will have earned it. Definitely not the type of team to just show up and beat themselves often, IMO.

Agreed. I really like Lucky Johnson. They're not very big but they press and get after it at both ends. Harrison Lane and Jajuante Carpenter compliment Johnson well and Jenkins plays tough inside.

Im starting to think Apollo just isnt as good as i expected them to be. Maybe it is just talking them a little while to get used to Barker's system or maybe they just rely on Eli Wright to much. Nothing against Madison Central but this is a game that i expect a top 15 team should win. Good news is, they have all season to get better. I just need to scale back my expectations for now.

Im starting to think Apollo just isnt as good as i expected them to be. Maybe it is just talking them a little while to get used to Barker's system or maybe they just rely on Eli Wright to much. Nothing against Madison Central but this is a game that i expect a top 15 team should win. Good news is, they have all season to get better. I just need to scale back my expectations for now.

It's early.