St. Xavier Tigers/St. Xavier Bombers Prediction

Who wins the battle of St. X?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle of St. X?

• St. X Tigers
    • St. X Bombers

Cincy St. X is 7-2 this year and are coming of a win against St. Ignatius. Do the Tigers have enough fire power to slow down the Bombers?

Simple answer: NO. St. Xavier is without a doubt, the best team in Cincinnati. They have played

another grueling schedule. Loss by 3 to to 9-1 Brentwood Academy in Nashville in 2OT's (missed 33 FD at end of regulation or they win that one. Loss to Moeller 13-7 (D gave them no TD's, only 2 FG's - Moe TD on tipped ball for Pick6). Last 4 weeks, beat Elder at the Pit, LaSalle at LaSalle, Indianapolis Warren Center (#2 in Indiana), and over the weekend a very good Cleveland St. Ignatius team. Settled in on Soph QB Shaun Clifford, who is managing this offense very well. 3 outstanding RB, and huge OL. Defense speaks for itself. They have established their identity and have been very successful running the ball. Will finish 1 or 2 in the Ohio Harbin's for playoff seed.

This team has more sophs/juniors playing then any of the StX teams in the last several years. Usually a predominate Senior starting 22. As we know anything can happen on a given day, but i would look for a low-scoring game against Lou. StX. Bombers by 2 TD's.

Tigers really need to play a very solid game in all three phases to take this one. Entering the 10th game of the season, all phases should be primed and ready to change the game and have huge impacts on the outcome of this battle. I really need the Tigers to prove to themselves that they can beat a top notch opponent on the road! This will be a tough game for the Tigers. Not saying they cant win, however, it will take some of the best football of the year, so far!!!! The week off should have helped and injuries etc., hopefully it allowed the three phases of the game to put in new schemes and wrinkles..... Tigers will need to sustain drives on offense and capitalize on green zone opportunities. Defense needs to play outstanding, as they have, and not let the Bombers have big plays!!!!! Special teams could be the difference, would like to see a punt blocked and one returned for a TD..... It will take this and a little more to defeat the Bombers. If the game goes 4 quarters, we have a chance!!!! Ill take the Tigers 17 - 14. A late interception seals it!!!! Go Tigers!!!!

What do the Tigers have to do to keep the game within striking distance?

Oh, I think they will keep it close. They will have to slow down the Bomber running game, and force them to throw. Althought, the passing game has found more consistency. On the offensive side, the Wildcats need to establish the pass; I believe I said 14 points; the X run defense is their heart and sole. I do not see a blow-out at all. One turnover or one big play, could keep this very close.

Just my opinion.

FYI - The outcome of the Cincy St. X game will tell us what to expect at McCracken County for week #2 of playoffs!!!!! Looks as if this McCracken Co. bunch is a monster!!!! I suspect X will handle Daviess Co. and Manual will lose to McCracken Co. I know one is not supposed to look down the road until the next game is finished, however, the extended trip to McCracken Co. will not be a picnic. The Cincy St. X game will tell us how well we can expect the Tigers to play on the road against excellent competition. In case you havn't, check out the McCracken Co. season results on KHSAA. . . .

FYI - The outcome of the Cincy St. X game will tell us what to expect at McCracken County for week #2 of playoffs!!!!! Looks as if this McCracken Co. bunch is a monster!!!! I suspect X will handle Daviess Co. and Manual will lose to McCracken Co. I know one is not supposed to look down the road until the next game is finished, however, the extended trip to McCracken Co. will not be a picnic. The Cincy St. X game will tell us how well we can expect the Tigers to play on the road against excellent competition. In case you havn't, check out the McCracken Co. season results on KHSAA. . . .

Did you just compare St. Xavier Cincy to McCracken County?? That is awesome....

The lugnuts on Yappi will enjoy this one.

-CardinalsFan

Simple answer: NO. St. Xavier is without a doubt, the best team in Cincinnati. They have played

another grueling schedule. Loss by 3 to to 9-1 Brentwood Academy in Nashville in 2OT's (missed 33 FD at end of regulation or they win that one. Loss to Moeller 13-7 (D gave them no TD's, only 2 FG's - Moe TD on tipped ball for Pick6). Last 4 weeks, beat Elder at the Pit, LaSalle at LaSalle, Indianapolis Warren Center (#2 in Indiana), and over the weekend a very good Cleveland St. Ignatius team. Settled in on Soph QB Shaun Clifford, who is managing this offense very well. 3 outstanding RB, and huge OL. Defense speaks for itself. They have established their identity and have been very successful running the ball. Will finish 1 or 2 in the Ohio Harbin's for playoff seed.

This team has more sophs/juniors playing then any of the StX teams in the last several years. Usually a predominate Senior starting 22. As we know anything can happen on a given day, but i would look for a low-scoring game against Lou. StX. Bombers by 2 TD's.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but there is no way that St. X is "without a doubt the best team in Cincinnati". They played in three GCL games and ALL three could have went either way. I was at the Elder game and the Elder kicker missed a FG on the last play of regulation that would have won the game for Elder. X won in double overtime. I think X has overachieved this year. Most thought they would struggle this year against the brutal schedule they play. To be 7-2 against that schedule is quite an accomplishment.

They have the look of an old school team. They play very solid D, run it pretty well (I like Glines - good runner), but don't throw it all that well.

D1 in Ohio is WIDE OPEN this year. X is literally one of about 7-10 teams that could win the state championship.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but there is no way that St. X is "without a doubt the best team in Cincinnati". They played in three GCL games and ALL three could have went either way. I was at the Elder game and the Elder kicker missed a FG on the last play of regulation that would have won the game for Elder. X won in double overtime. I think X has overachieved this year. Most thought they would struggle this year against the brutal schedule they play. To be 7-2 against that schedule is quite an accomplishment.

They have the look of an old school team. They play very solid D, run it pretty well (I like Glines - good runner), but don't throw it all that well.

D1 in Ohio is WIDE OPEN this year. X is literally one of about 7-10 teams that could win the state championship.

Agree with everything posted here. St. X seems to be playing their best ball right now but there are realistically, 7-10 teams that could go home with the hardware. Off the top of my head...

St. Xavier

Moeller

Elder

Wayne

Hudson

Mentor

St. Edward

St. Ignatius

(5 privates, 3 publics....just sayin')

Best of luck to the Tigers. Hopefully they catch St. Xavier napping and can pull off the upset. The Bombers are playing for the #1 overall seed in Region 2 (Columbus and south). They have little chance to get it, even with a W, but NO chance if they lose.

Can the Tigers throw the ball? How mobile is their QB? How are they at stopping the run? Pass rush?

-CardinalsFan

-CardinalsFan

Can the Tigers throw the ball? They have improved except for losses at Bowling Green and Male, both ranked #1 in their respective. Last week we were able to get the ball down the middle deep and threw some some different patterns. With a week off, I would think some more pass plays were added.

How mobile is their QB? He ran for a TD last week off a zone read for about 30 yards but normally stays in the pocket except for sneaks. How are they at stopping the run? Pretty solid against the run until Moeller wore them down in the 4th quarter. Pass rush? With our 3-4, we normally send a linebacker to rush 4. Ethan Adams and Dylan McFarland have done a much better job this year on contain. Christian Fell is the big guy at NG that just occupies 2 people.

Some questions about Cincy St X. Is the big 6'5 SE Homer, is he as good as advertised? Is Sean Clifford any relation to Tim Clifford-QB from your school? It seemed that even when Glines went out against you guys, the offensive line took over and his backup had a big game. The left side of Cincy St X's looks dominating- your comments? By the way, good job with the Cardinals beating East and seems like the ship has righted after a tough schedule early. My very first game I officiated was at Colerain Junior High.