St. Xavier Tigers/St. Xavier Bombers Prediction

Who wins the battle of St. X?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle of St. X?

• St. X Tigers
    • St. X Bombers

I agree this game doesn't mean a lot, but depending on the how the either team performs could be a great springboard into the playoffs.

I agree... and that is what puzzles me at times with the thought process sometimes regarding how Ky playoffs work. I can see the game in Week 10 (since Lou. StX already knows who they wil lplay next week) not meaning much. But Weeks 1, 2 ,3 games did not matter either. In fact, only the 3 District games matter. Correct? While Cincy StX will probably be a # 2 seed, no matter the outcome of Friday's game, I can assure you Cincy StX will come to play.

ggclfan....my comment "without a doubt the best team in Cincinnati" regarding StX was just my opinion. Most based on the fact in the last 4 games (key people are back, especially the QB situation seems finally settled and they beat 4 good football teams (2 on the road). Yes, the Elder double overtime win was extremely close, as was the last play FG win at LaSalle, but that is just GCLS football period. The wins against a very good Warren Central team, and last Saturdays win against St. Ignatius should open peoples eyes a little. I know nothing is guaranteed, because at this level, and this time of the year, anything can happen. I hope Colerain, Moeller, Elder and StX do not face each other until Round 3. I feel all of those four, can handle almost anybody else in R2. I keep thinking StX as a # 2 playing Elder as a # 15 (if Elder does not beat LaSalle). But who knows.

I agree there are probably 7-10 teams that could run the table, and with games (after Round 1) being at neutral sites makes it all more interesting. Looking at see how they will handle the Cincinnati teams locally since Nippert is not available. Could we have double headers at PBS?

ggclfan....my comment "without a doubt the best team in Cincinnati" regarding StX was just my opinion. Most based on the fact in the last 4 games (key people are back, especially the QB situation seems finally settled and they beat 4 good football teams (2 on the road). Yes, the Elder double overtime win was extremely close, as was the last play FG win at LaSalle, but that is just GCLS football period. The wins against a very good Warren Central team, and last Saturdays win against St. Ignatius should open peoples eyes a little. I know nothing is guaranteed, because at this level, and this time of the year, anything can happen. I hope Colerain, Moeller, Elder and StX do not face each other until Round 3. I feel all of those four, can handle almost anybody else in R2. I keep thinking StX as a # 2 playing Elder as a # 15 (if Elder does not beat LaSalle). But who knows.

I agree there are probably 7-10 teams that could run the table, and with games (after Round 1) being at neutral sites makes it all more interesting. Looking at see how they will handle the Cincinnati teams locally since Nippert is not available. Could we have double headers at PBS?

Totally agree with this post. It is very difficult to say who the best team is in Cincy this year...It may very well be X. The top teams in Cincy remind me of the NFL this year - a week to week league - you just don't know who will win when the top tier teams play.

I hope they don't send two Cincy teams to Dayton this year to play each other - hate it when they do that.

If the Tiger offense can put together solid drives I think they can stay within striking distance. If they can do that heading into the 4th quarter anything can happen.

On a side note, are these two teams going to renew their series for next year?

Very good question... I am still trying to find out if Tom Bolden and Steve Specht (Colerain - StX)

have agreed for another 2 year home and home starting in '15. Sources tell me the Colerain - StX series will continue because of the friendship between the two coaches and the respect these programs have for each other (but nothing official). I also heard that CincyStX definitely wants to continue to play in Louisville (Trinity, StX). Funny, a few years ago StX played both Cleveland privates (St. Ed's and St. Ignatius) and also played both Trinity and Lou. StX in the same season.

Only playing one from each city now. By design, or "just taking a break" for awhile. I do not know.

They keep things pretty quiet.

Very good question... I am still trying to find out if Tom Bolden and Steve Specht (Colerain - StX)

have agreed for another 2 year home and home starting in '15. Sources tell me the Colerain - StX series will continue because of the friendship between the two coaches and the respect these programs have for each other (but nothing official).

It's official. Two more years. No reason to think it's going to end anytime soon.

-CardinalsFan

It's official. Two more years. No reason to think it's going to end anytime soon.

-CardinalsFan

Good news there. Lots of respect for each other. Other GCL schools and GMC schools should follow suit. I guess the GMC - Moeller issues are still lingering???

Is it different this year than in years past?

IMO, the GCL this year is the deepest I have seen in quite a long time. All four teams in the GCL are very good. I am not sure there is a great team though. The GCL could very well have two state champions out of the four teams as Lasalle is a D2 school now. Nobody would be surprised if X, Mo or Elder made strong runs in a very balanced D1 playoffs. They could all also lose in the second round of the playoffs too depending on matchups, turnovers, etc.

This will be a tough test for the Tigers. The Bombers have a few game changers and if the Tigers can contain them they have a chance. Turnovers will be key; if the Tigers can generate a few then all bets are off.

Tigers find a way to head into the playoffs on a high note with a 24-19 victory!

:dancingpa