Black Actress Detained - WRONG: Joker; RIGHT: Mitch Rapp, halfback20, 00Rocket28

JokersWild24

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Inexcusable behavior by the police if the article is accurate in its description of what happened.

Pictures are circulating of her with a smallish fresh cut on her wrists from where the cuffs were so tight. I'm sure the cops will go with the story that it was a quick encounter and that she wasn't cuffed very long, which leads to the question of how gentle they were with her if it left her with a nice cut.

I'm sure that they didn't go to the media without consulting an attorney first. IMO, as someone who went to law school, most will tell you that the worst thing to do if you aren't 100% innocent is to go to the media. Not saying it doesn't happen, but given their resources, I'd imagine this was a pretty calculated move that will work well.

LAPD is claiming there was no arrest so no report, however, I'd think they ran a name while they had her cuffed and in the back of a squad car, which there'll be a record of.

Doesn't look like an injury from cuffs. I may be wrong though. Typically any indentations from cuffs run horizontal on the wrist, not vertical. I could be wrong though

That's fair, I really don't know a lot about how those injuries look. Nonetheless, I have a hard time believing it's not somehow related to the incident. I don't think the injuries are really something she needs as a make or break for her case, and I doubt she's in this for the money considering what she's made from her roles and what her husband makes as a producer.

Pictures are circulating of her with a smallish fresh cut on her wrists from where the cuffs were so tight. I'm sure the cops will go with the story that it was a quick encounter and that she wasn't cuffed very long, which leads to the question of how gentle they were with her if it left her with a nice cut.

I'm sure that they didn't go to the media without consulting an attorney first. IMO, as someone who went to law school, most will tell you that the worst thing to do if you aren't 100% innocent is to go to the media. Not saying it doesn't happen, but given their resources, I'd imagine this was a pretty calculated move that will work well.

LAPD is claiming there was no arrest so no report, however, I'd think they ran a name while they had her cuffed and in the back of a squad car, which there'll be a record of.

She is obviously 100 percent innocent of prostitution but I would not be quick to assume that police did anything wrong. It is not unprecedented for actors and actresses to stage events in pursuit of free publicity. The article does not mention who snapped the photos that she posted on Facebook, but that fact should have been mentioned in the article. Also omitted was an explanation of how the officers determined her identity because she refused to identify herself.

Without hearing the police officers' account of events, I would not simply take the word of a Hollywood celebrity. Fully clothed people can certainly behave inappropriately and draw the attention of the police.

This has all of the earmarks of a publicity stunt. Without more evidence, I don't believe that the actress drew the attention of police with an innocent looking kiss.

She is obviously 100 percent innocent of prostitution but I would not be quick to assume that police did anything wrong. It is not unprecedented for actors and actresses to stage events in pursuit of free publicity. The article does not mention who snapped the photos that she posted on Facebook, but that fact should have been mentioned in the article. Also omitted was an explanation of how the officers determined her identity because she refused to identify herself.

Without hearing the police officers' account of events, I would not simply take the word of a Hollywood celebrity. Fully clothed people can certainly behave inappropriately and draw the attention of the police.

This has all of the earmarks of a publicity stunt. Without more evidence, I don't believe that the actress drew the attention of police with an innocent looking kiss.

Her husband took the pictures. He probably started snapping and taping because he was upset at how she was being treated.

Why does this have all the earmarks of a publicity stunt? She's in some of the most popular TV shows and movies going. She posts this and a picture of herself crying (that her husband took) on Facebook for attention? Sorry, just don't see it.

I think it's much more likely that they were near where they worked in an affluent area of LA and a cop saw an attractive black woman kissing a white man and ran with the assumption that something illegal had to be going on because in his small mind, that's all that made sense and it couldn't possibly be that she actually belonged there and was in an interracial relationship with a white guy.

I'd also hate to be the officer that made this mistake...

Ya' think?

This one of those things where he might have even had the best of intentions when he initially began investigating it, but it should have become painfully obvious to him that he was dead wrong and that there might have been a better way of handling it than he did.

Hindsight is 20/20 though, and he'll probably soon have plenty of time to think about what he could have done differently.

Also last time I checked, being a black woman and kissing a white man is no reason for an officer to be able to demand to see your ID. That's profiling, which is highly frowned upon, and making an illegal command.

She was probably insulted that he was suggesting she was a prostitute after she'd kissed her husband and ruined the cop's whole power trip so he decided to cuff her as a way of teaching her a lesson and showing her that he's never wrong. I'd think that's more likely than the whole publicity stunt thing.

I'd think most of us would be quite insulted at the insinuation that our wives, girlfriends, etc. we were a prostitute, especially someone that the cop's time would have been better served by keeping someone else from breaking into her Range Rover or Porsche. He should probably be thanking people like her and other actors and actresses that live and work in the area that their tax money pays him well to work in that district instead of an area of LA with actual crime, but hey, that's just me.

Just for background which should help explain my comment above more, look at the Studio City (the area where this happened), take a look at the "Notable People" list on the city's Wiki page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_City,_Los_Angeles

There are a lot of people who have lots of money, power, and influence living there. Generally, I'd imagine that as a police officer in that district, you probably want to make damn sure that you can prove what you are going to accuse one of them of before you cuff them and throw them in the back of a car.

I spent the last year working in Legal Aid, so I'm not trying to be all elitist, I'm just stating fact with the above. Going at one of those people's throats like that is probably going to entail some backlash if you swing and miss.

Her husband took the pictures. He probably started snapping and taping because he was upset at how she was being treated.

Why does this have all the earmarks of a publicity stunt? She's in some of the most popular TV shows and movies going. She posts this and a picture of herself crying (that her husband took) on Facebook for attention? Sorry, just don't see it.

I think it's much more likely that they were near where they worked in an affluent area of LA and a cop saw an attractive black woman kissing a white man and ran with the assumption that something illegal had to be going on because in his small mind, that's all that made sense and it couldn't possibly be that she actually belonged there and was in an interracial relationship with a white guy.

Call me a skeptic, but I tend to give the police the benefit of doubt when it is a case of he said-she said and the alleged victim has something to gain by fabricating a story. I also assume that magazines like Newsweek and Time selectively report facts in their story to promote their liberal viewpoints.

The Newsweek article fails to mention that the officers were dispatched to the scene after an unidentified caller reported the couple's activity. The impression given by the Newsweek story is that the two officers just jumped to conclusions because a black woman was kissing a white man in public. I find that to be extremely hard to believe, which I searched for more details.

You underestimate the cost of publicity and the value of free publicity. After reading more about this incident, the couple's statements sound like they are reading from a bad script.

The moment sobbing Django Unchained actress was handcuffed for kissing her white boyfriend because police assumed she was a PROSTITUTE

'I was talking to my father on my cell phone.

'I knew that I had done nothing wrong, that I wasn't harming anyone, so I walked away.

'A few minutes later, I was still talking to my dad when 2 different police officers accosted me and forced me into handcuffs.

'As I was sitting in the back of the police car, I remembered the countless times my father came home frustrated or humiliated by the cops when he had done nothing wrong.

'I allowed myself to be honest about my anger, frustration, and rage as tears flowed from my eyes.

I am not buying it.