Black Actress Detained - WRONG: Joker; RIGHT: Mitch Rapp, halfback20, 00Rocket28

JokersWild24

Just because you did not hear about a 911 call in a trivial local story sooner - a story that you only heard about because a minor celebrity seeking the kind of publicity that comes from a story gone viral on social media - does not mean that the call was fabricated by the police.

You are totally ignoring the couple's own account of the story. The police did not see the couple kissing - the woman was on the phone when they arrived. The couple did not deny kissing. So if the police did not witness a kiss and the couple admitted to the kiss, why are you having such a hard time believing that the LAPD received a phone call.

I may be proven wrong, but I believe that this story is nothing but a poorly executed hoax and I am through participating in it.

That's your choice. I'll post the outcome of the investigation into this "poorly executed hoax" in a few days for anyone who wants to read it. I'll eat crow if there's a legit 911 call and evidence of the couple acting lewdly, etc. and I sincerely mean that.

Maybe this is the evil liberal media machine trying to frame some officer in liberal LA and it all comes out. You'd think with all of those awful actors out to get them and looking for publicity, the LAPD would start taping all of their encounters, but then again, I'm not sure I've ever seen a piece of video come out on the LAPD where they were the ones getting the praise, so I can understand their reservations about being filmed.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's your choice. I'll post the outcome of the investigation into this "poorly executed hoax" in a few days for anyone who wants to read it. I'll eat crow if there's a legit 911 call and evidence of the couple acting lewdly, etc. and I sincerely mean that.

Maybe this is the evil liberal media machine trying to frame some officer in liberal LA and it all comes out. You'd think with all of those awful actors out to get them and looking for publicity, the LAPD would start taping all of their encounters, but then again, I'm not sure I've ever seen a piece of video come out on the LAPD where they were the ones getting the praise, so I can understand their reservations about being filmed.

You still dodged my question of why the police officers asked about a kiss if they did not witness a kiss and were not dispatched in response to a call. Were they psychic? Was it a lucky guess? :lol2:

You still dodged my question of why the police officers asked about a kiss if they did not witness a kiss and were not dispatched in response to a call. Were they psychic? Was it a lucky guess? :lol2:

Since when is a kiss illegal? And since when do police go full force throwing people in cuffs for responding to calls and not seeing anything that indicates the veracity of the call?

What most likely happened: they actually got a tip and were too overzealous in responding to it, even after it became obvious that they'd gotten some bad info from the call; or they witnessed it themselves, made a wrong assumption, got the media on their backs and later made up a story about responding to a 911 call three days later when it's apparent they're going to be investigated, potentially sued and fired because that's the one explanation that can take some heat off of them for now.

Again, I'm sure the actress and her husband have good lawyers who they consulted first before posting what they did and all that. Maybe I'm just giving them too much credit, but if this is a publicity stunt, sorry, I just don't think it's one that plays out like this.

You seem to think the police came up on them doing something incriminating, ultimately let them go, and then they decided to go put them on blast over social media. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If I'm caught doing something I shouldn't be, then given a pass, the last thing I'd do is go blast the agency that cut me slack on social media.

If it were a publicity stunt and they wanted to go with the sympathetic angle, why not just go all the way and get arrested?

Since when is a kiss illegal? And since when do police go full force throwing people in cuffs for responding to calls and not seeing anything that indicates the veracity of the call?
The point is you keep yammering about the police just making up the phone call, but how else would they have known to ask the questions that they asked? The couple did not deny a "public show of affection," so why are you so sure that the police fabricated the phone call?

Your allegation about the fake phone call makes absolutely no sense. You assumed that this woman was telling the truth and that the two police officers were racist liars and there is no evidence of that being the case.

Everybody knows that there are bad cops in this world, but that is no reason to jump to conclusions and ignore the facts. Just because the author has an agenda, a reader does not have to adopt that agenda as his own. Facts matter.

What most likely happened: they actually got a tip and were too overzealous in responding to it, even after it became obvious that they'd gotten some bad info from the call; or they witnessed it themselves, made a wrong assumption, got the media on their backs and later made up a story about responding to a 911 call three days later when it's apparent they're going to be investigated, potentially sued and fired because that's the one explanation that can take some heat off of them for now.

Again, I'm sure the actress and her husband have good lawyers who they consulted first before posting what they did and all that. Maybe I'm just giving them too much credit, but if this is a publicity stunt, sorry, I just don't think it's one that plays out like this.

You seem to think the police came up on them doing something incriminating, ultimately let them go, and then they decided to go put them on blast over social media. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If I'm caught doing something I shouldn't be, then given a pass, the last thing I'd do is go blast the agency that cut me slack on social media.

If it were a publicity stunt and they wanted to go with the sympathetic angle, why not just go all the way and get arrested?

I have not said, nor have I implied that the couple did anything illegal. What I am saying is that the police were responding to a report that was called into the station. The couple's own words confirm that to be the case. Beyond that, neither one of us know why the cops decided to cuff her.

I don't put much stock in celebrity accounts of their encounters with the police. In this case, I don't see any reason to doubt the police officers' account of the incident. I certainly see no reason to accuse them of fabricating a phone call that fits into both their account of events and the couple's version.

With cuffs? And for what?

Police got a call of a possible prostitue and john in a car on the side of the road. Turned out to be a woman and her husband. When the cops questioned them the man produced ID and she didn't, which is her right The cops then handcuffed her until they could verify she wasn't a prostitute.

Police got a call of a possible prostitue and john in a car on the side of the road. Turned out to be a woman and her husband. When the cops questioned them the man produced ID and she didn't, which is her right The cops then handcuffed her until they could verify she wasn't a prostitute.

Cops overstepping their bounds... yet again... jeez.

The point is you keep yammering about the police just making up the phone call, but how else would they have known to ask the questions that they asked? The couple did not deny a "public show of affection," so why are you so sure that the police fabricated the phone call?

Your allegation about the fake phone call makes absolutely no sense. You assumed that this woman was telling the truth and that the two police officers were racist liars and there is no evidence of that being the case.

Everybody knows that there are bad cops in this world, but that is no reason to jump to conclusions and ignore the facts. Just because the author has an agenda, a reader does not have to adopt that agenda as his own. Facts matter.

Ok... so they got a call, do you see anything reported anywhere that justifies demanding to see an ID?

What does even seeing their ID even prove?

Based on reports now, even the ones you provide, they obviously didn't observe anything for themselves incriminating that was an arrestable offense. Sorry, but reasonable suspicion/probable cause most likely isn't going to be satisfied by getting a 911 call concerning indecent exposure and driving by the location and seeing two fully clothed people kissing.

A public display of affection between two people of different races isn't an arrestable offense. Whether or not the police saw it themselves and investigated or received a call about it won't change that fact. Obviously, the whole episode was troubling enough for both of them to go public with it.

Again, the whole point I've been "yammering about" with the whole call aspect has been I can't understand why the LAPD would just sit on that information instead of getting out ahead of it and mentioning a 911 call before it really went viral. They had an opportunity to respond to the media and were saying they had no "reports of the incident" when initially questioned. Now that it's become a big deal, they are saying that there was a 911 call. Even if it's completely true, do you understand why that looks suspicious given the fact that this was an actress and that the whole thing had the potential to be a big deal in the media?

Friday and Saturday you are saying "no reports of an incident because there was no arrest", early Sunday you are saying "911 call led to investigation". That's not very consistent. If nothing else, the officers who found out what was going on probably should have passed it on to someone else so they could have went into damage control mode. Getting blindsided by it in the press probably wasn't the best course of action. If nothing else, in hindsight, given the way the story has went, don't you think that this was probably something one of the officers should have thought MIGHT be worth mentioning to a supervisor once they got off shift?

These are people you trust to carry guns, investigate murders, look into public corruption, yet they can't even handle a call about alleged indecent exposure without it becoming this?