Dudley Hilton to Taylor County

Harry Doyle

Where is it?

Literally the geographical center of Kentucky. Them and Marion County argue that they both claim that, but generally speaking....hour and 15/30 from Lex, Louisville, BG. About as wedged between those 3 as it gets.

Ever heard/been to Green River Lake...in Adair and Taylor Counties? There.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor County has been in our district since the realignment and they haven't been to the playoffs once. You will never meet a nicer coach than the one they had the last couple years, he was a really good man from the very small interactions I had with him. If I remember correctly he has had major health concerns for a while.

Graves had been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer a couple years back, and just went back for a recent check and was cancer free.

Coach Graves was our dorm director and assistant baseball coach while I was at Campbellsville College. I think he was on the football staff as well but I can't remember for sure. He was a really good guy. Hope he is doing okay.

Made this call last week in the Vote for C-Ville/Taylor game. Superintendent wants to compete with the best. He has been able to do it in Academics, Basketball, etc. Sometimes it is not the single loss, but the attitude in that has gotten you to that point. He has played dodge ball as head coach as long as he has coached and where ever he has coached. Other than the District Games he has played no one. I hate this for High School Coaching, but it is a trickle down affect. What will be real sad is if the administration makes Graves the A.D., because the feel sorry for him, and this will not be good for the new Head Coach either. This guy is a great coach, if parents will let him coach, and will keep those babies out of the ER after every game, they have a chance to WIN.

Where is it?

Literally the geographical center of Kentucky. Them and Marion County argue that they both claim that, but generally speaking....hour and 15/30 from Lex, Louisville, BG. About as wedged between those 3 as it gets.

Ever heard/been to Green River Lake...in Adair and Taylor Counties? There.

Campbellsville

Made this call last week in the Vote for C-Ville/Taylor game. Superintendent wants to compete with the best. He has been able to do it in Academics, Basketball, etc. Sometimes it is not the single loss, but the attitude in that has gotten you to that point. He has played dodge ball as head coach as long as he has coached and where ever he has coached. Other than the District Games he has played no one. I hate this for High School Coaching, but it is a trickle down affect. What will be real sad is if the administration makes Graves the A.D., because the feel sorry for him, and this will not be good for the new Head Coach either. This guy is a great coach, if parents will let him coach, and will keep those babies out of the ER after every game, they have a chance to WIN.

What has Taylor done in academics and basketball exactly?

In the last 5 years, Taylor has had two 2nd round and three 1st round exits from the Boys B-ball Regional Tourney...given the level of players they have had during that time, I would hardly chalk them up as setting the world on fire with their bball program...sound to me like a small-town Super has his hands a little too much all over the sports programs of his High School.

Turpin did a good a job and did not get any support. Played a very difficult schedule during the season, and was prepared when they went into the playoffs. If you look at the two schools Graves has coached at in the last 8 or 10 years his schedules have always been sub-par. I realize when you are trying to build a winner you need to have some WINS!. Even with Hart/Adair/Edmonson and so on it has not happened. If you get slapped by Boyle/Lex Catholic enough you decide to change it or except it. It is apparent the superintendent knew to pull the program off of life support. This not being negative towards Graves, some people are not Head Coaches. I think it is great hire. He will do great things as migration begins, because everyone will want to play for a winner.

Taylor is a great move on Hiltons behave. Lex Cath, Boyle, Hhs, Cov Cath all gone next year. Hilton will be a contender in 2 or 3 years. 4a will be the worst in recent memory. He did take a 1~9 team and won the state the next year at Bourbon. Smart move, Look out next 4 years in 4a.

Once Dudley Hilton gets a look at the players at Taylor County and a taste of the community support he will head back to Eastern Kentucky. I will be shocked if he's there past this season. The only way he stays is if the extra money is just too good to pass up.

In the last 5 years, Taylor has had two 2nd round and three 1st round exits from the Boys B-ball Regional Tourney...given the level of players they have had during that time, I would hardly chalk them up as setting the world on fire with their bball program...sound to me like a small-town Super has his hands a little too much all over the sports programs of his High School.

It's not the first time either he's done that, either.