George Washington (WV) 27 Ashland 26

And so the horn goes off sending the tomcats back home with a 1-1. And giving the Patriots their 1-1 record for the start of the season. Ashland has somethings to fix this week if they want the W. First thing is first I would love to see Prince get more time in the pocket to be able to connect to his WR. As well Special teams needs to be worked on greatly seemed like they were not able to take anyone to the ground during some of the returns.

Defense played their hearts out holding a good RB at bay for George Washington. Ashland is going to be ok this year I believe, they are going to have to look at this film and begin to find ways to give Prince time to allow the play to develop for him.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The field goal unit was having a tough time blocking the rushers from the kicker tonight. So love just used the two point approach which in the end cost them.

They only tried one kick. The kicker kicked it to the 6 after being backed up on the kickoff due to a delay of game. And why kick deep with 45 seconds left. This loss is on Love.

They only tried one kick. The kicker kicked it to the 6 after being backed up on the kickoff due to a delay of game. And why kick deep with 45 seconds left. This loss is on Love.

That's what I was think. A game that reflects on special teams and how important they are to a game.

I dont think I would really attack the coach so quickly. Yes he just took over and yea Ashland is in a small transforming from the Hart days now to a Love era. I think these boys will be ok just now they have to work on the small things to help them get through next week.

Agreed. Sounds like they fought hard. Good game no doubt. A lot to work on for Ashland. Coaches and players.

I dont think I would really attack the coach so quickly. Yes he just took over and yea Ashland is in a small transforming from the Hart days now to a Love era. I think these boys will be ok just now they have to work on the small things to help them get through next week.

Stupid coaching decisions beat Ashland tonight. That is the truth. No way around it.

Oh I never said that their were no errors upon what led to the Lost. Yes some coaching calls could have been made to allow Prince develop the plays. But at the sametime George Washington D was just breaking through to Prince almost on every snap. The D held their ground when needed to so the D is ok. Just Love needs to start working on the special teams and QB drills this week.

Oh I never said that their were no errors upon what led to the Lost. Yes some coaching calls could have been made to allow Prince develop the plays. But at the sametime George Washington D was just breaking through to Prince almost on every snap. The D held their ground when needed to so the D is ok. Just Love needs to start working on the special teams and QB drills this week.

Love needs to learn when to kick, when to go for 2, and when to squib kick.

I agree that we need to kick the xp more often and teach kids how to kick. It has been a problem for years. I dont know if anything has changed since I was in school, but when I was there were issues with football and soccer coaches getting along. The best kickers were soccer players, however due to conflicting schedules, the coaches from both sides would tell the kids to choose a sport. The better kickers will almost always choose soccer, because that is what they know and enjoy. It just so happens that soccer players are really good at kicking field goals and xp's.

I just lost any respect for Coach Love. He threw the kicker under the bus on the post game show on the radio. When asked by Dicky about the decision to kick it deep to GW's best player he responded by saying that the kicker wasn't supposed to kick the ball in the air. First of all I don't believe the kicker booms the ball to the 6 yard line after his coach tells him to kick it on the ground, and even if that is true why throw the kid under the bus. Why not say, there was some miscommunication there, that's on me, and we will take care of that in practice this week to make sure it doesn't happen again.

2 weeks running. Love in over his head?

Way over his head. He ran off Ashland's middle school coach who had been very successful. Last year Ashland's 7th grade team hammered Lawrence County's 7th grade team. This year they lost 40-8 to the same kids in 8th grade. The kids didn't even know how to line up for a punt because they never worked on it in practice. The coaches were so arrogant to say that nobody is going to stop us from getting 1st downs. We don't need to punt.