Healing service in NKY on Tuesday

Man known as healing priest makes stop in Northern Kentucky - Story

My wife went to this at St. Thomas in November after we found out that her cancer has spread. She had surgery 2 weeks later and the cancer hadn't spread any further. I wouldn't believe in this, except I was a "catcher" for the service in that link. I saw what the priest was doing b/c I was behind the people that he prayed for in case they fainted. A couple did. As a witness, that was as close to Jesus as I'll ever come, at least here on Earth. Something was present when he spoke. I'm normally very skeptical about my faith and church dogma. That night I believed 100% in the existence of Jesus and God.

Interesting. So is he a real ordained priest?

The one at St. Thomas was and is recognized by the church for his healing abilities. When our friend told us about him coming, I thought that he was some whack job posing as a "priest." Knowing Fr. Cooney, I trusted that he wouldn't let that spectacle into his church, so I went in with an open mind...well as open minded as I could.

Interesting. So is he a real ordained priest?

Brother Carmelo is not.

He has been coming to this are for the past few years, and has always had a service at St Patrick's, except for last year when he only had a few days in the area.

He has one tomorrow night (Friday) as the Holy Spirit Center in Norwood, Mass at 7pm with the healing service to follow.

As was mentioned, the church lets him, and others like him in their doors, so they see nothing wrong with it, as well as I think the bishop has to approve it as well?

I would suggest to go if one is curious, and just attend Mass and watch afterwards.

Mex, that is an awesome testimonial!

He will be in Lexington sometime in November. I am not sure of the exact date but I will post it when I know. I say they again, if you have a Polaroid type instant camera, bring it, and ask him to take a photo as soon as the healing service is over, don't wait too long after the service.

What is a polaroid going to capture that a digital camera won't?

On a side note, and If I'm not mistaken, St. Pat's in Taylor Mill have a statue of St. Patrick in their church that originally resided in St. Patrick's Church in Covington, and when that church closed in 1966 and was demolished when the area became more business oriented with hotels, gas stations, and fast food restaurants for the Interstate 75 exit, the statue was moved to St. Aloysius a couple of blocks away and survived, and was salvaged from the fire around 1986 that destroyed St. Aloysius. After that it was placed in the newer St. Patrick Church in Taylor Mill. At least that's my understanding of the story. If anyone knows for certain I'd love to know as I dig those sort of local area details.