Who would like to see Kentucky schedule?

D-Rob

The Kentucky vs. Miami (OH) football game in 2009 at Paul Brown Stadium drew 41,037.

A more notable opponent would likely lead to a sell out, in my opinion.

Saturday, September 5, 2009 Kentucky Wildcats - Miami (Ohio) RedHawks Box Scores, Game Results & Summary - USATODAY.com

If you look up pictures from the game, PBS is majority blue.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kentucky vs. Miami (OH) football game in 2009 at Paul Brown Stadium drew 41,037.

A more notable opponent would likely lead to a sell out, in my opinion.

Saturday, September 5, 2009 Kentucky Wildcats - Miami (Ohio) RedHawks Box Scores, Game Results & Summary - USATODAY.com

There was 0% chance UK was losing that game. Drive up, have a good time, watch your team kick the dog crap out of somebody. I just don't see UK "easily" filling their half of the stadium against OSU. They may very well do it, it's just unlikely, IMO.

60/40 still seems too high to me, but way better than the notion that there are more Cats fans than Cards fans in Louisville. I mean UK wouldn't even sell out their annual games with IU at Freedom Hall. And that's for their beloved basketball Cats.

Louisville is by far the biggest city in the state. There are a ton of UK fans there but there is not doubt there are more UL fans. Now, once you get out of the city it is a different story. I am a die hard UK fan but we all know a UK fan or two that whenever they open their mouths it's hard not to roll your eyes.

Louisville is by far the biggest city in the state. There are a ton of UK fans there but there is not doubt there are more UL fans. Now, once you get out of the city it is a different story. I am a die hard UK fan but we all know a UK fan or two that whenever they open their mouths it's hard not to roll your eyes.

You can even expand it to all of Jefferson County, there still aren't more UK fans, IMO.

There was 0% chance UK was losing that game. Drive up, have a good time, watch your team kick the dog crap out of somebody. I just don't see UK "easily" filling their half of the stadium against OSU. They may very well do it, it's just unlikely, IMO.

I think you're underestimating the number of Kentucky fans that live in & around Cincy.

It wouldn't be 50/50, but an Ohio State / Kentucky game at PBS would easily sell out.

I think you're underestimating the number of Kentucky fans that live in & around Cincy.

It wouldn't be 50/50, but an Ohio State / Kentucky game at PBS would easily sell out.

That could be true, I have no idea what it's like up there in terms of fan bases.

You can even expand it to all of Jefferson County, there still aren't more UK fans, IMO.

Yeah, that is what I meant. Louisville has been a consolidated city-county since 2003. If your in Jefferson county, except for a few sections I think, you are in Louisville. I agree with you. When I said outside the city a meant outside of Jefferson County. I wonder if there are more UL fans than UK fans in the surrounding counties like Oldham, Shelby, and Bullit.

Yeah, that is what I meant. Louisville has been a consolidated city-county since 2003. If your in Jefferson county, except for a few sections I think, you are in Louisville. I agree with you. When I said outside the city a meant outside of Jefferson County. I wonder if there are more UL fans than UK fans in the surrounding counties like Oldham, Shelby, and Bullit.

I'd say in any county outside of Jefferson, it is probably more UK. The surrounding counties may be close, though.

If I were picking a non-conference schedule for UK, here's what I've got:

Louisville

Indiana/UC (alternating home and home)

WKU/EKU/Murray (one each year in a three-year cycle)

TBA team from the MAC/SunBelt/C-USA

There was 0% chance UK was losing that game. Drive up' date=' have a good time, watch your team kick the dog crap out of somebody. I just don't see UK "easily" filling their half of the stadium against OSU. They may very well do it, it's just unlikely, IMO.[/quote']

OSU is a football school, UK is a bball school, OSU fans would pay $200 for the worst seats in the house all day long. OSU has the highest priced secondary market tix. UK would have a major challenge making it 50/50.

Saw a tweet that said UK and UC were in talks of a future game. I would love to see that become a home and home. Anybody you would like to see UK schedule in the future?
Oregon, Ohio St., Michigan, Texas, USC, Notre Dame and Morehead State

Highly doubtful. They can't even sell their allotment for UofL games.

This is a garbage comment and nothing but a cheap shot at UK fans. Why don't you tell the real story about Jurich pulling his garbage tricks again and requesting any unsolds get returned by 7/30 for a game in November (this game has not even gone on sale yet on UK's site, it's been offered to season ticket holders only) and jacking up the prices to UK fans and charging $22 less to his faithful. Not surprised by this one bit from Jurich. Garbage and chicken little. There will plenty of UK fans at this game, they are just not going to be taken advantage of on the inflated ticket prices.

On another note, if you think for one second, UK would not sell out their 50% allotment at PBS for a matchup with OSU, then you are sadly mistaken and vastly underestimate the BBN.