Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Practicing in Pads? Paducah Sun

Featured Replies

I ask again, if it was not a mistake, explain his allowing the paper to come in and do a story with pictures.

I want to believe it was just a mistake, but I know coaches get the emails telling them the start dates, and every year coaches complain about being at a disadvantage because of the last date to use pads, many used to complain when it was based on school start date and some even convinced their schools to start earlier so they could start practice earlier. It's a common point of discussion among coaches. I just can't believe a head coach didn't know when he could start practice and when his team could be in pads. It's in the their mind too much.

 

To answer your question: the only conclusion I can come up with is, he just thought it would slip by without the KHSAA seeing it. Or, just arrogance. That's all I got. But, I can't believe it's just a simple "oops".

  • Replies 149
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What advantage does a team gain by doing such? I honestly don't know. But in the overall scheme of things, is it THAT bad?

From the article:

 

 

My problem with the quoted passage is that "ideal" was used instead of "idea"

What advantage does a team gain by doing such? I honestly don't know. But in the overall scheme of things, is it THAT bad?

 

I'm not sure of the specific advantage that is gained but I generally believe that an advantage is gained if everyone else is following the rules and someone chooses not to.

I'm not sure of the specific advantage that is gained but I generally believe that an advantage is gained if everyone else is following the rules and someone chooses not to.

 

Exactly.

Lol. Youth football was in full pads and tacking the second day and playing games after 7 practices. Ridiculous...

 

I'm with you.

 

Didn't this used to be a FALL sport once upon a time?!

Haskins must be a liberal and follow what Obama does, Obama blames everyone else too.

Haskins gets an email just like every head coach, it's his fault.

 

Who didn't see this kind of a response comin'? :lol: BTW, I love it. :thumb:

What advantage does a team gain by doing such? I honestly don't know. But in the overall scheme of things, is it THAT bad?

 

It is a safety rule to get kids used to the heat and activity in a gradual way so that their bodies adjust. And given the Owensboro situation a few years ago it is THAT bad if something were to happen to an athlete. Other teams are following the rule. There should be repercussions for not following the rule.

I want to believe it was just a mistake, but I know coaches get the emails telling them the start dates, and every year coaches complain about being at a disadvantage because of the last date to use pads, many used to complain when it was based on school start date and some even convinced their schools to start earlier so they could start practice earlier. It's a common point of discussion among coaches. I just can't believe a head coach didn't know when he could start practice and when his team could be in pads. It's in the their mind too much.

 

To answer your question: the only conclusion I can come up with is, he just thought it would slip by without the KHSAA seeing it. Or, just arrogance. That's all I got. But, I can't believe it's just a simple "oops".

 

I'm as big a football fan as the next guy, but some educational institutions have their priorities all out of whack.

I'm as big a football fan as the next guy, but some educational institutions have their priorities all out of whack.

 

I can see it now.

 

Coach: "Mr Superintendent, I think we have a shot at winning that first football game of the season. All I ask is that you move the entire school schedule up a week. "

 

Super: "Git 'er done."

This proves you can hardly get away with anything now days with the internet and camera phones.

 

Hogwash. No camera phone can take photos of that quality, and no self-respecting paper — and the Sun is a quality paper — would send a reporter out to take sports photos with a camera phone. Unless, of course, they were looking for a reason to fire the reporter, since they're setting that reporter up for failure by sending them out there with inadequate equipment with which to do the job properly.

 

Reminds me of when I took a photo of a North Laurel hoops practice when Roy Bowling returned to coaching after several years away. He had the girls scrimmaging against the boys, just like he had always done in building state championship teams in the past. That rule, however, changed in his time away and he had no clue. It cost him a scrimmage.

 

I'll give Roy a pass. Haskins … not so much. He's been active as a coach continuously, and if he doesn't know the rules (which I have a hard time grasping), his assistants do.

It is a safety rule to get kids used to the heat and activity in a gradual way so that their bodies adjust. And given the Owensboro situation a few years ago it is THAT bad if something were to happen to an athlete. Other teams are following the rule. There should be repercussions for not following the rule.

 

It was Henderson.

A source told me that the KHSAA contacted the school to inquire and McCracken reportedly indicated they accidently broke the rule

 

I bet the number of people sitting around McCracken County last night bad-mouthing BGP could have been numbered in the thousands. Talk about misplaced anger. :ohbrother:

Reminds me of when I took a photo of a North Laurel hoops practice when Roy Bowling returned to coaching after several years away. He had the girls scrimmaging against the boys, just like he had always done in building state championship teams in the past. That rule, however, changed in his time away and he had no clue. It cost him a scrimmage.

 

I'll give Roy a pass. Haskins … not so much. He's been active as a coach continuously, and if he doesn't know the rules (which I have a hard time grasping), his assistants do.

 

Have you told that story before about Coach Bowling? Seems like I remember hearing about that on here.

 

I agree with you on Haskins. Intentional or not, no excuse for not knowing the rule and the KHSAA should hold them accountable for the wrongdoing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.