Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Practicing in Pads? Paducah Sun

Featured Replies

This proves you can hardly get away with anything now days with the internet and camera phones.

 

This wasn't some sneaky person lurking in the woods or injured player mistakenly posting a picture to his instagram account.

  • Replies 149
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

 

I agree with you on Haskins. Intentional or not, no excuse for not knowing the rule and the KHSAA should hold them accountable for the wrongdoing.

Agreed. If this isn't punished, it sets a bad precedent.

What advantage does a team gain by doing such? I honestly don't know. But in the overall scheme of things, is it THAT bad?
Rules aren't suggestions.
What advantage does a team gain by doing such? I honestly don't know. But in the overall scheme of things, is it THAT bad?

 

It's not just about the advantage of a few extra days of practice in equipment. If they are willing to break this rule, what about recruiting? What about Redbook regulations? What about safety courses? KHSAA training? The list goes on.

For the three practice days in shoulder pads and helmets, there can be no contact with other players, only with sleds and dummies.

 

Clear proof that a coach is watching contact take place on Tuesday, July 22.

 

Whats clear in that picture is not letting # 18 carry the ball much this year at McCracken:isurrender:

Have you told that story before about Coach Bowling? Seems like I remember hearing about that on here.

 

Yeah, I think I mentioned it previously in a basketball thread when a similar situation came up at another school.

Two things of which I am quite certain of: No way in Sam Hill did Haskins not know the rule. And no way in Sam Hill did Haskins not know they were breaking the rule. I absolutely do not believe otherwise.

Two things of which I am quite certain of: No way in Sam Hill did Haskins not know the rule. And no way in Sam Hill did Haskins not know they were breaking the rule. I absolutely do not believe otherwise.

 

Maybe but if both of your statements are true why in the world are you letting the paper come in to do a front page story complete with pictures. Is Haskins that damn stupid or just arrogant?

Hold on, School starts on August 6th, dont they get an adjustment to the schedule using the calculator?

If your head coach does not know these types of black-and-white rules relating to practice, then shame on him, the athletic director and the principal.

Hold on, School starts on August 6th, dont they get an adjustment to the schedule using the calculator?

That's how it used to be, but that rule has been changed, it's August 1st for everyone now.

Maybe but if both of your statements are true why in the world are you letting the paper come in to do a front page story complete with pictures. Is Haskins that damn stupid or just arrogant?

 

Arrogant...i dont think he's stupid.

That's how it used to be, but that rule has been changed, it's August 1st for everyone now.

 

I find it odd that I don't remember this rule change being anywhere in the rules clinic info when I took it, maybe I missed it.

 

Maybe but if both of your statements are true why in the world are you letting the paper come in to do a front page story complete with pictures. Is Haskins that damn stupid or just arrogant?

 

I have a really hard time believing someone would knowingly break rules and then allow the press to publicize it.

 

I understand what people mean about if you break this rule, you'll break others. But that's a kind of wild assumption and a long leap, IMO.

 

I understand the concerns over safety. Thankfully it's been a mild July. I didn't think of that aspect ad a reason for the rule.

 

From some of the posts in this thread, I assumed there must be a distinct competitive advantage, which no seems to feel exists.

 

I'm not sure what the punishment should be. But maybe I just like to give the benefit of the doubt. I just can't see a coach knowingly breaking the rules and going so far as to have the transgression published.

To not know is not an excuse and should not have anything to do with the punishment. This is a rule every head coach should know.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.