Russell 06

oline62

They will be just as good or better. They do lose QB Tommy Brown, some great leaders, and a couple lineman to graduation. But an ex-Devil(6-5,300+ pnds) has come back to anchor the line after spending a couple years at St. X. They also have another boy who transfered from Columbus who is supposed to be a dandy QB. Although Russell just needs a QB who can make good smart decisions, the threat of a mild passing game could be a great addition to McGlone's offense. It was a nice surprize in the playoffs last year. With the addition of those two and the fact that this year's Junior class was so large, Russell's gaps are filling up quick. All-State cornerback Micheal Horn will be missed though. With the return of MR. FOOTBALL CANDIDATE Kasey Clark and the rest of this Senior-to-be class, Russell fans are looking forward to chasing another state title. It won't be easy with the likes of Belfry, Newport, Owens Cath, Fort Campbell, etc. They are already chomping at the bit for football season at Russell. Coach McGlone will have his boys ready for another run at the state championship.

They will be just as good or better. They do lose QB Tommy Brown, some great leaders, and a couple lineman to graduation. But an ex-Devil(6-5,300+ pnds) has come back to anchor the line after spending a couple years at St. X. They also have another boy who transfered from Columbus who is supposed to be a dandy QB. Although Russell just needs a QB who can make good smart decisions, the threat of a mild passing game could be a great addition to McGlone's offense. It was a nice surprize in the playoffs last year. With the addition of those two and the fact that this year's Junior class was so large, Russell's gaps are filling up quick. All-State cornerback Micheal Horn will be missed though. With the return of MR. FOOTBALL CANDIDATE Kasey Clark and the rest of this Senior-to-be class, Russell fans are looking forward to chasing another state title. It won't be easy with the likes of Belfry, Newport, Owens Cath, Fort Campbell, etc. They are already chomping at the bit for football season at Russell. Coach McGlone will have his boys ready for another run at the state championship.
The boy from St.X spent just half of this yr there, and the boy that transfered from columbus can throw the ball pretty well, but tyler jones has got speed over him

I would like to see the Devils bring another title home. Ivan McGlone is the Man!! I find it hard not to cheer for Russell, the could beat most of the teams in the district by 100 points, but refuse to do so. They are the definition of class.

Why are there no jabs in this thread about "education seeking" athletes?:irked:

Both kids have previous ties to the Russell area. One is a former student who has moved back and the other has parents who attended Russell and have moved back to the area. There is nothing there to take a jab at. Also see the comments by drpepper.

Russell will always be a threat - they have built a fine tradition under Ivan McGlone. I love his style of play - "run it down their throats/control clock and play defense". I am by no means a big Russell fan but I do respect teams with tradition.

I would like to see the Devils bring another title home. Ivan McGlone is the Man!! I find it hard not to cheer for Russell, the could beat most of the teams in the district by 100 points, but refuse to do so. They are the definition of class.

Sorry but what planet are you people on, Ivan Mcglone, Hometown hero, and Coach of the year!!! What a joke, how many athletes has he helped get into college? And as far as I know and have researched, none of the boys from the 2005 AA State Champs team is failing in grades!! I would think that helping kids get to college with football help or not would be the number one goal of a Coach of the Year, and hey lets not forget lets give him the key to the city!!!

Sorry but what planet are you people on, Ivan Mcglone, Hometown hero, and Coach of the year!!! What a joke, how many athletes has he helped get into college? And as far as I know and have researched, none of the boys from the 2005 AA State Champs team is failing in grades!! I would think that helping kids get to college with football help or not would be the number one goal of a Coach of the Year, and hey lets not forget lets give him the key to the city!!!

That in not only an insult to coach McGlone but also to the rest of the coaching staff. They care for the players much more than you know. Ask anyone who has played for coach McGlone and they will paint you a very different picture.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I always get a big kick out of the GUTLESS WONDERS who hide behind a computer name and spout off like my backend when I have diarrhea:flame: ...

Take your personal agendas somewhere else...No one on here cares about your sour grapes...

I would like to hear if you are speaking from personal experience or something you heard at the water fountain. Feel free to PM me.