Pearl Jam in Cincinnati 10/01/2014

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looked like getting into the arena was a disaster. Any problems for the BGP attendees?

I parked at Newport and walked, which helped. But there were limited numbers of entrances into the arena, which made it slow. When I see arenas like the one in Cincinnati, I often wonder what the designers were thinking? Why so few doors? Why such narrow concourses? I know it was built in a different time, but it is as if they had no regard for the customers.

On the other hand, USBank Arena is a good place to watch a show.

It sucked getting in; which made it a little later start time. The guys put on a good show, but I was truely wore out near the end. The concourse is terribly small for such a big crowd. I doubt I go back to US Bank Arena for another sold out show, just a lot of hassle to get into and enjoy yourself.

Saw a story on the evening news about how slow it was trying to get in. Only 3 doors open and reminiscent of the Who tragedy in that sense.

And ribs was due to the band. They wanted the arena to wand everyone and search all bags/packs. Not sure it or was a last minute thing, but if the arena knew well in advance they should have informed everyone before hand. An the arena should have told the band that they will have more than 3 doors and that they would need to foot the bill for the extra people to search and wand the crowd.

And ribs was due to the band. They wanted the arena to wand everyone and search all bags/packs. Not sure it or was a last minute thing, but if the arena knew well in advance they should have informed everyone before hand. An the arena should have told the band that they will have more than 3 doors and that they would need to foot the bill for the extra people to search and wand the crowd.

That's on the promoter, not the band.

I got there around 6:45, and literally walked right in with no wait. I was shocked to hear that the line was so long, and had no idea of that until after the show seeing posts on the Pearl Jam forum. Things were moving great when I got there. Wonder at what point it started to backlog?

Regarding the concourses, I'll say this: A merchandise booth with a concession booth directly behind it is a terrible idea considering the foot traffic that's also trying to pass through. It's one tight squeeze in there, as-is. It'd be fitting for an arena with half of that capacity, I'd say.

I don't know if I'd go back to US Bank Arena or not.

I went to a concert there several years ago and it was one of the worst venues that I've been to.

I was surprised when the tour announcement came out and it was announced they were playing Cincinnati. I thought the Yum Center would get the region's show for sure.

I was surprised when the tour announcement came out and it was announced they were playing Cincinnati. I thought the Yum Center would get the region's show for sure.

My wife and I had the same conversation. I've never been to the Yum Center. A Pearl Jam show would have been a great way to christen the place for me.