South Laurel 78 Corbin 64

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I dont know how many 3's South hit in that 3rd quarter, but hard to contend when that happens. Corbin didnt quit, great 4th quarter. THe South kid should have gotten a technical in the 4th quarter, but for most part good sportsmanship from both teams. Go Get em Hounds, get ready for region! :ylsuper:

South kid shouldn't have got a technical...when the refs let it get physical like that on both sides that's just the way it goes.

The Cardinals dominated throughout and did a good job against Corbin. South went to a stall-type offense in the final eight minutes and to the Redhounds' credit they didn't quit.

I picked Clay to win the region, but after tonight, I'm going to do a John Kerry and flip-flop.

Hammonds led the way for South with 25 points and hit 5 threes. Ty Proffitt had 18 and David Goodin had 12.

The scary thing is Walt Allen had onl seven points and the Cards led by 31 going into the fourth quarter.

Josh Crawford turned it up a notch in the fourth and led his team with 20 points.

Yeah, nothing major though. He was fouled HARD on two different occasions. But the refs let it be like that the entire game, so I don't have a problem with it. He's fine though.

I thought the Hounds would take em tonight but was wrong. South just has too many weapons to key on two guys. Corbin needed to bang a little bit more tonight than they did. In the first quarter they played pretty physical but backed off in the later part of the 2nd quarter and 3rd quarter. Rough scrappy play would fit this Corbin team. I'm not saying for them to go out and tackle players but put a body on them and bump. Let the other teams know you are there and not going to move. Right now, Cashen seems to be the only one with that rough play mentality. That is why Brad Lawson was so effective last year. He intimidated, plain and simple.

Needless to say, South was the better team and won the game. My hats go off to them. Corbin showed some heart late in the game but needs to be more consistant. I liked seeing Crawford bringing the ball and pulling up for 3 like he was doing late in the game. That was a whole new dimension to his game.

WOW. Nice win by SL.

I have said all year that when SL is hitting the 3 ball no one in this region, and arguably the state, can beat them. They got the 3 point shots to fall and they dominated.

Looks like SL proves they are still the team to beat in the 13th, and if they continue to play and shoot like this throughout the postseason you can go ahead and write them a ticket to the sweet 16.

Yeah, nothing major though. He was fouled HARD on two different occasions. But the refs let it be like that the entire game, so I don't have a problem with it. He's fine though.

Non shooting hand wasn't it? Hope its nothing more than a ding and he's alright. He had a fine game.

South outcoached and outplayed the hounds tonight. Corbin cut a 30 point lead to 12 or 13 when they went to man late. It appears that they stayed in the zone too, too long. South took what Corbin gave them and shot the lights out.

Congrats to Corbin and South Laurel on moving onto the region. Both teams are threats to everyone in the region including each other. Its tough to beat a team three times and even tougher to beat a team 4 times.....look for a rematch in the finals.

What was the deal at the end of the game when south subbed for a free throw shooter. He was not injured at least it appeared so, but the refs allowed the sub to enter. A bit odd.

South outcoached and outplayed the hounds tonight. Corbin cut a 30 point lead to 12 or 13 when they went to man late. It appears that they stayed in the zone too, too long. South took what Corbin gave them and shot the lights out.

Congrats to Corbin and South Laurel on moving onto the region. Both teams are threats to everyone in the region including each other. Its tough to beat a team three times and even tougher to beat a team 4 times.....look for a rematch in the finals.

What was the deal at the end of the game when south subbed for a free throw shooter. He was not injured at least it appeared so, but the refs allowed the sub to enter. A bit odd.

He was injured. He went down on a three attempt and jammed it, then made it worse when he was fouled hard on the layup. He's going to have x-rays tomorrow.

It wasn't odd, Jordan Hammonds got hammered again which hurt his hand again. That's common. When you have an njured player, you're allowed to do that. Nothing odd about that.

I don't think Corbin got outcoached, I just think South has more weapons.

Granted Corbin cut the lead to 12 points, but it wasn't because the Hounds switched to man. The Cards went into a stall mode for the entire fourth quarter. They ddin't need to score, they were ahead by 31.

Good effort from Corbin by not quitting though. That just goes to show you how hard working of a team Corbin is.

He was not fouled hard on either of those two. One he did a flop on and was not touched, that is when he fell on his wrist and on the other Crawford fell over top of him and he got hit in a bad area when he did.

The three-point shooting is what jumps out at everyone (SL 13-28, C 9-17), but the real key was the havoc SL created on defense in the third quarter. That's where the game was won. David Goodin made several huge steals in the third. Corbin basically fell apart when SL went to what seemed to be a 2-1-2 half-court trap rotated with a 1-3-1.