Harry Reid: People Aren’t Educated on How to Use the Internet

This was the best available from several, period. And before this joke so wrongly named the "Affordable" Healthcare Act, things weren't nearly this bad. I know we needed to do something to reign in costs in healthcare, this certainly isn't the answer. This is a screw job alright, right from the administration for getting into something they have no clue how to run.

Apparently the vast majority of the people are being screwed. No sure how you aren't.

Apparently I'm smarter than most people .

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently I'm smarter than most people .
Oh? Do tell?

People work for a company, Obama and the Dems push through a very poorly planed and written law that changes healthcare for all of us. Most people are given the only options available to them and given the best plan that is available to them, which bites compared to what they had before they were forced to take what they now have and have to pay more and they're not as smart as you? How about you climb down from your high horse and break it down for us "stupid people"

You're retired and get a better option? Wow, if only I was older I'd be so much smarter than everyone else. :rolleyes:

Oh? Do tell?

People work for a company, Obama and the Dems push through a very poorly planed and written law that changes healthcare for all of us. Most people are given the only options available to them and given the best plan that is available to them, which bites compared to what they had before they were forced to take what they now have and have to pay more and they're not as smart as you? How about you climb down from your high horse and break it down for us "stupid people"

You're retired and get a better option? Wow, if only I was older I'd be so much smarter than everyone else. :rolleyes:

I was speaking very very tongue in cheek .

For some unknown reason my smileys won't work . No I am very fortunate that my wife has great insurance . I opted out of my Union's H&W program 9 years ago when they started taking too much from my pension and cut benefits such as dental and did away with optical all together .

I'm curious how they will enforce the no insurance penalty. What system is in place to determine whether any person has or doesn't have insurance ? I get that the core of this "law" is to capture information from those who sign up so they can better track people (and you thought the NSA was bad). Will they put a questionnaire on your tax return so you self report ? Still not clear about this. Can anyone shed some light on this ?

I've decided to sing a different tune. After yesterday's news, I think I'll switch to "I gotta crow".
I'd wait on the crowing. A RAND Corporation study suggest barely 858,000 previously uninsured Americans have enrolled and paid premiums in contrast to the president's announcement of 7 million. The claim is what happened here is people got kicked off of their policies and then had to buy new policies which now must be sold through Obamacare exchanges. Very few new people were covered. In other words, we're talking spin yet again if the study is correct.

I'd wait on the crowing. A RAND Corporation study suggest barely 858,000 previously uninsured Americans have enrolled and paid premiums in contrast to the president's announcement of 7 million. The claim is what happened here is people got kicked off of their policies and then had to buy new policies which now must be sold through Obamacare exchanges. Very few new people were covered. In other words, we're talking spin yet again if the study is correct.

A few things. First, you don't have to buy from exchanges. If you want, you can buy directly from the company without going through an exchange. Infact, that is just what I did at my company. Second, if an existing policy was no longer being offered (and by the way that was the case almost every year when our policy came up for renewal. It wasn't caused by the ACA) most people were offered an alternate policy. If you are telling me that people with the opportunity to renew with their existing carrier found it more advantageous to compare policies and buy off of the exchange, that sounds like a resounding vote of confidence for the exchange. It isn't spin. People signed up throught the exchanges.

A few things. First, you don't have to buy from exchanges. If you want, you can buy directly from the company without going through an exchange. Infact, that is just what I did at my company. Second, if an existing policy was no longer being offered (and by the way that was the case almost every year when our policy came up for renewal. It wasn't caused by the ACA) most people were offered an alternate policy. If you are telling me that people with the opportunity to renew with their existing carrier found it more advantageous to compare policies and buy off of the exchange, that sounds like a resounding vote of confidence for the exchange. It isn't spin. People signed up throught the exchanges.
No, I'm telling you the ones that did sign up through the exchanges are the ones Obama is claiming to be newly insured. As in they weren't insured before. If that is the case. that indeed is spin.

Also, for some buying through the exchange, it's because their company has dropped the coverage and that's what they were forced to do to have coverage.

Also, for some buying through the exchange, it's because their company has dropped the coverage and that's what they were forced to do to have coverage.

Not true. Humana and Anthem both offer direct to consumer policies.