Harry Reid: People Aren’t Educated on How to Use the Internet

Hmmm. I notice that there was no documentation for the claim in the article. I just completed renegotiation of our company's health premiums for this year. It was our best renewal in many years. A year over year 3.9 percent increase. We havent had less than double digets before the ACA. Sounds like it is working.
Wait until the employer mandate kicks in after the 14 elections and see if you still sing the same tune..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. I notice that there was no documentation for the claim in the article. I just completed renegotiation of our company's health premiums for this year. It was our best renewal in many years. A year over year 3.9 percent increase. We havent had less than double digets before the ACA. Sounds like it is working.

From my business client base: All had pretty much the same coverage year to year

6 25% or more increase over prior years and way over past increases

7 15 to 25% increase all were seriously over past increases

3 5 to 15% increase pretty much in line with past increases

3 5% or less increase lower increases than past

2 Decrease of less than 5% lower premiums than past

Largest employer 47, smallest 11.

Working for some but not for most in my experience.

Employer plans did not need to change too radically for the parts that took effect.

They will when the employer mandate goes into effect - as noted - after the mid-terms.

When they do: a) rates will go up - a lot; and b) deductibles will go up - a lot. You will be paying much more for far less. Many who have gotten 'the same' coverage under ACA have not looked at the deductibles. Every one who deals with this knows that is where they are sticking it to the end consumer.

Also many of the downstream providers did not understand the new taxes that took effect this year. So they will fix their under-recovery with higher rates in 2015 and the entire pool will cost more. And it will cost MORE due to taxes levied by ACA.

Maybe it should be labeled UCA.

How did it compare when it came to deducibles and co pays? Everything I have been involved with the premiums were about the same but the coverage was worse.

Deductible stayed the same. Copayment stayed the same. Max out of pocket went up $2,000 BUT, medical and prescription now have a combined max out of pocket. Before they had seperate rate max. So, unless you have a major medical claim with almost no drug claim, even the max out of pocket is better.

Deductible stayed the same. Copayment stayed the same. Max out of pocket went up $2,000 BUT, medical and prescription now have a combined max out of pocket. Before they had seperate rate max. So, unless you have a major medical claim with almost no drug claim, even the max out of pocket is better.

You are in the minority, period.

You are in the minority, period.

Maybe, maybe not, but it seems to me that most of what we see is gloom and doom anecdotes. I don't buy most of them. Some of them have been debunked. Others are no doubt true. I freely admit that I think that the ACA was a great idea and I am invested in making it work. Unfortunately, I think that there are others that are even more invested in wanting it to fail. Those people will never admit the good that it is doing and will forever look for whatever they can find to make people question it.

Wait until the employer mandate kicks in after the 14 elections and see if you still sing the same tune..

Given the weather, "I'm sigin in the rain". My company is too small for the mandate, we are already compliant with the requirements of the employer mandate if it did apply to us and have been compliant for years. Sorry, but I don't see anything out there to have an adverse effect on our long term prospects. Since the scope of our coverage isn't changing, the only effects on us will be medical inflation rate, which has dropped significantly since the ACA was enacted. You may not like it, but the ACA over the long haul will be good for the American people and for American business. Twenty years from now the ACA will be seen as as essential to the American social contract as sS and Medicare.

So how was the over 20% of the country that has NO access to internet supposed to participate in this mandated psuedo-law?

Um, use the telephone. And it isn't a psuedo law. It is a law, enacted by congress signed by the duly elected President of the United States and vetted by the Supreme Court.

Maybe, maybe not, but it seems to me that most of what we see is gloom and doom anecdotes. I don't buy most of them. Some of them have been debunked. Others are no doubt true. I freely admit that I think that the ACA was a great idea and I am invested in making it work. Unfortunately, I think that there are others that are even more invested in wanting it to fail. Those people will never admit the good that it is doing and will forever look for whatever they can find to make people question it.

Truth.

Um' date=' use the telephone. And it isn't a psuedo law. It is a law, enacted by congress signed by the duly elected President of the United States and vetted by the Supreme Court.[/quote']

And altered at whim by the President hence pseudo law.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Well, I can tell you that my prescriptions alone are far worse now thanks to this nonsense. I'd bet most are in the same ballpark as me. This garbage is anything but affordable, unless of course you don't work and others are picking up your tab.

Um' date=' use the telephone. And it isn't a psuedo law. It is a law, enacted by congress signed by the duly elected President of the United States and vetted by the Supreme Court.[/quote']

The law being implemented is NOT the law passed. Hence it is pseudo law.

The administration is scoff-laws.

Well, I can tell you that my prescriptions alone are far worse now thanks to this nonsense. I'd bet most are in the same ballpark as me. This garbage is anything but affordable, unless of course you don't work and others are picking up your tab.
I love looking at my prescription information from Walgreens my insurance saves me a ton of money and the cost to us has stayed the same .

I love looking at my prescription information from Walgreens my insurance saves me a ton of money and the cost to us has stayed the same .
Mine used to, now, not so much. One prescription, because of the healthcare change, has gone up nearly four times in price. Nothing affordable there or to have any love looking at. Out of pocket also skyrocketed. This is pure crap.