Pre-Season Top 10 Football Teams in NKY for 2014

You know Highlands guy is wanting to fire out the, " When was the last time SK won a state football title"? While SK guy is waiting to say, " Yeah, but, but, but, OK Highlands Guy wins. This is a dumb argument anyway, until these two teams play. BTW I'd take Highlands in that game.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I'd put Highlands 2nd just yet. I think Campbell is maybe a little high and I have a feeling Ryle is going to be much higher than 8th when it's all said and done.

Fun stuff for discussion though.

I think this is a pretty good list. I think I would put Sk at #3 followed by dixie and then campbell at #5. Although it could be a toss up. I know SK loses alot of talent and leadership, but they return a stout O-line as well as a very good RB. Then again dixie will have an impact playmaker in Drew Moore at the most important position in football.

100% wrong, the only starters on D Dixie lost, were Fisk, LB and Reisch DE, the other starters returning are as follows, Owens Lb, Johnson DT, Harrison CB, Machlitt DE, Schulte S, Fields CB, Zajack LB, N Caple, LB, Brown and Barmore rotate DT, Dixie D will be loaded.

Hey- all I know is what I see on game film. And on game film the starters against CCH included (5) Seniors.

Again- could be that some of those kids got hurt later down the road prompting others to play up- but they started out with (5) Sr's on D.

Regardless, kids stepped up and I'm sure they will be fine.

I've watched both young men play the past couple of years, Moore is the better QB, JMO, he's getting all kinds of Div 1 looks as well. Saw him play in the NKY basketball games at NKU, he's got to be 6'4 or '5 now, and around 190-195 he looks great. best of luck to both players this season. JMO

The only concern I hve with Moore is he seemed to take a step or two back last year. He had trouble in his passing game, but mostly due to technique. He gets that fixed he could be really really good. I didn't see improvement from his soph year and maybe that was the most surprising thing.

He can be great if he works on his footwork this offseason.

The only concern I hve with Moore is he seemed to take a step or two back last year. He had trouble in his passing game, but mostly due to technique. He gets that fixed he could be really really good. I didn't see improvement from his soph year and maybe that was the most surprising thing.

He can be great if he works on his footwork this offseason.

Moore is clearly more of a runner than a passer, based on what we've seen over the past few years. To earn the title of the areas best QB, he has to improve in the passing game. If not, just another season for DH with no chance at a district title.

1) Cov. Cath

2) Highlands

3) Dixie Heights

4) Campbell County

5) Simon Kenton

6) Beechwood

7) NCC

8) Ryle

9) Connor

10) Scott

JMO, best of luck to ALL NKY teams this up coming season!

I agree with 1 and 2. 3-6 to me is going to be a toss up. I do however think ryle may sneak up on people this year. How many exceptionally good freshman classes are going to come thru ryle before they have a run in the playoffs.

You know Highlands guy is wanting to fire out the, " When was the last time SK won a state football title"? While SK guy is waiting to say, " Yeah, but, but, but, OK Highlands Guy wins. This is a dumb argument anyway, until these two teams play. BTW I'd take Highlands in that game.

Not likely from this guy!

Moore is clearly more of a runner than a passer, based on what we've seen over the past few years. To earn the title of the areas best QB, he has to improve in the passing game. If not, just another season for DH with no chance at a district title.

:lol: Thank you for the laugh Bandito. Drew's "more" concerned about winning the district title than whether you think he is the top QB in the area. And Dixie has more than no chance at winning the district title regardless of Drews off season growth and development.

I'd encourage you to focus more thought and concern on Brenan Kuntzs' replacements growth an development. Looking forward to witnessing both this fall and how much progress they've made.

:lol: Thank you for the laugh Bandito. Drew's "more" concerned about winning the district title than whether you think he is the top QB in the area. And Dixie has more than no chance at winning the district title regardless of Drews off season growth and development.

I'd encourage you to focus more thought and concern on Brenan Kuntzs' replacements growth an development. Looking forward to witnessing both this fall and how much progress they've made.

The beauty of it is SK has several options at qb.