1967 State Championship: Cov Cath v. Earlington

If I'm not mistaken, the floor size at Rupp Arena fluctuated occasionally in the 1980's...sometimes 84 feet and sometimes 94. We sat courtside and would notice the difference in distance between the foul circle and the center circle.

I don't remember what size floor they used at Freedom Hall in the '70's, but they did re-paint (or used different decals) for high school size...if, indeed, they shortened it. Nothing like the picture you see above.

You see where that guy from Earlington was shooting his foul shot from?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43578[/ATTACH]

Keep in mind they had shortened the playing court...without re-painting or re-striping the original boundaries. Where the guy was shooting that free throw...was the 15-foot free throw stripe on the floor. You can look at the video posted above and see it a little better.

It surely looks odd now, doesn't it?!

Keep in mind they had shortened the playing court...without re-painting or re-striping the original boundaries. Where the guy was shooting that free throw...was the 15-foot free throw stripe on the floor. You can look at the video posted above and see it a little better.

It surely looks odd now, doesn't it?!

Ahhhhhh, right on. I see what you mean.

The trophy presented for winning this game still sits on the hill at Earlington Elementary School. Yes same building, but went from a high school to a k-8 building and now its just an elementary school. Good news the trophy and photos of the last 6 seconds are still in the main hall.