Holmes 68 Beechwood 57

In reality, the district champion title means very little (maybe a slight edge in first round), however, Holmes is far from an absolute second place. With or without Rice, they will be tough to beat. If Hill ever realizes how good he is, he could take over...but I do like the Colonels chances against whomever at this point. Tuesday will be fun!

In reality, the district champion title means very little (maybe a slight edge in first round), however, Holmes is far from an absolute second place. With or without Rice, they will be tough to beat. If Hill ever realizes how good he is, he could take over...but I do like the Colonels chances against whomever at this point. Tuesday will be fun!

In certain regions it may not mean as much as say the 9th, 10th, 11th, 6th, or 7th.

9th--How would you like to get Holmes or NCC in the first round?

10th--How would you like to get St. Patrick/Augusta or Deming in the first round?

6th, 7th, and 11th--How would you like to host your first round game in the region?

Etown and John Hardin district title game means very little because 99% chance they play each other in the regional final as well.

16th region district title games mean very little as well because everybody is so even. Doesn't matter who you play/draw at Morehead they could all beat each other.

These are just a couple of examples.

I just think you gotta play three games well. If you play #1 on the first night or the third night...what's the difference. Plus, coming in as a lower seed isn't a bad thing...the favorite may look at it like you do and bring their b game... round one is a great night to catch the supposed top dog(s)...-with that being said, I agree that Holmes, CCH and HC want the title...

I just think you gotta play three games well. If you play #1 on the first night or the third night...what's the difference. Plus, coming in as a lower seed isn't a bad thing...the favorite may look at it like you do and bring their b game... round one is a great night to catch the supposed top dog(s)...-with that being said, I agree that Holmes, CCH and HC want the title...

What about in the 9th or 10th when you draw St. Henry or Deming? You could get by with a so-so performance. But if you draw Holmes or Bourbon, Montgomery, Scott, or Campbell you better bring your "A" game.

BTW, for the record, Michael Romes has erased any doubt in anyone's mind that he could play for ANY team in NKY.

I'm not sure how CCH messed up on this one. If you watched the kid play during his SOPH year, you could see he had a unique combination of being able to shoot from the outside and drive to the basket. There aren't many 6'3 or 6'4 kids who can put the ball on the floor like Michael.

Hats off to the young man.

it was a very good game until the last 4 min of the game when the refs absoultly took over. every contested shot from bw was a foul, and holmes for the record shot 38 free throws. but can blame them completley bw had it down to 1 and could hit shots. great yr for them though and gl to romes in college.

BTW, for the record, Michael Romes has erased any doubt in anyone's mind that he could play for ANY team in NKY.

I'm not sure how CCH messed up on this one. If you watched the kid play during his SOPH year, you could see he had a unique combination of being able to shoot from the outside and drive to the basket. There aren't many 6'3 or 6'4 kids who can put the ball on the floor like Michael.

Hats off to the young man.

I don't think it was CovCath messing up at all. Look who was playing in front of him at the time. He wasn't a tremendous freshman or soph at CovCath. As a soph he was playing behind Tim, TJ, Bovard, Landrum, and Witz. All were pretty good guards for CCH. Romes hit a growth spurt during and after his soph year at CCH. Which ended up being his last year at CCH. He might have became a nice player for them, but I'm still under the belief that he got better because he left. Confidence+Height+Hard Work= Micheal Romes as of Right now.

He would have still been a nice player, but not averaging 25ppg and would have never been the #1 option at CCH.

I don't think it was CovCath messing up at all. Look who was playing in front of him at the time. He wasn't a tremendous freshman or soph at CovCath. As a soph he was playing behind Tim, TJ, Bovard, Landrum, and Witz. All were pretty good guards for CCH. Romes hit a growth spurt during and after his soph year at CCH. Which ended up being his last year at CCH. He might have became a nice player for them, but I'm still under the belief that he got better because he left. Confidence+Height+Hard Work= Micheal Romes as of Right now.

He would have still been a nice player, but not averaging 25ppg and would have never been the #1 option at CCH.

Completely disagree. He wasn't a guard. He was a forward. If you watched the JV games, especially the HC-CCH JV game, you saw what he could bring that no other forward could bring for CCH. His ability to drive to the basket is what I saw as a big opportunity for success. He could also hit the 3. I saw him put 3 or 4 in in one quarter in a JV game. He was already somewhat tall and you could see in his hands and feet that he was still growing.

Coaches make mistakes - even the best of them. I think that Coach L had him pegged as borderline plus had lots of other talent.

it was a very good game until the last 4 min of the game when the refs absoultly took over. every contested shot from bw was a foul, and holmes for the record shot 38 free throws. but can blame them completley bw had it down to 1 and could hit shots. great yr for them though and gl to romes in college.

The better team won but wow What a big difference in foul shots. 4 Starters for Beechwood foul out, none from Holmes seems strange considering that Holmes was all over Romes the whole game. Great season for Beechwood and congradulations to Holmes