Junior day?

kyangel

Junior day is a type of unofficial visit. It is usually (but not always) invite only and usually includes anywhere from 10-30 kids. These kids are all the juniors (senior-to-be) that a specific college will be recruiting heavily for that year. They usually have a meal, attend a basketball game (or some other athletic event), get a short tour of the campus and football facilites, and are given the oppurtunity to meet the coaches face-to-face. Some junior days are reserved for the top 10 or so junior recruits for that season, some are open to all juniors that school will be recruiting, some are open for any junior that is interested in that school.

Junior day is a type of unofficial visit. It is usually (but not always) invite only and usually includes anywhere from 10-30 kids. These kids are all the juniors (senior-to-be) that a specific college will be recruiting heavily for that year. They usually have a meal, attend a basketball game (or some other athletic event), get a short tour of the campus and football facilites, and are given the oppurtunity to meet the coaches face-to-face. Some junior days are reserved for the top 10 or so junior recruits for that season, some are open to all juniors that school will be recruiting, some are open for any junior that is interested in that school.

I was told today that Shawn Asher from North Laurel was invited to and attended one at WKU on Saturday (basketball game, etc).

I was told today that Shawn Asher from North Laurel was invited to and attended one at WKU on Saturday (basketball game, etc).

GRC`s Clint Greene was invited for Junior Day, at Alabama, March 4th he will meet with Coach Mike Shula, and Randy Ross, He will also talk to Academics, Jon dever, then Clint along with the other junior`s will tour the Facilities, eat lunch and then attend Alabama Football Practice. After practice they will talk once again with the other coaches , Miss, Karin Lee, she with Life Skills Program, and the Recruiting coaches along with the Position coach.

I'm pretty sure UK has already had at least one JR day. CCH's Pete Sutton was invited down when the ballers played Arkansas.

UK has already hosted 1 junior day. It was invite only and they invited roughly 30 kids. Once spring practice starts I am pretty sure they will host another one.

Almost every school hosts 2 or 3 junior days. 1 is usually for the schools top 10 or so junior recruits, 1 is usually invite only, and 1 is usually like an open-house for any junior players interested in that school.