One of the best things I've seen!

stick1

I put this in the General Forum too but I figured it was good enough to be in both forums so more people could see it.

Did anybody else see Sports Center last night? The number one play was an Autistic kid that was the manager on his High School basketball team. It was their last game (Senior Night) and the coach suited him up. He came in and air balled the first shot in front of a packed gym. He then entered "THE ZONE" as he hit his next SIX 3 POINT SHOTS!!!!!!!! I think they said he had like 20 points in about 4 minutes!!!!!! The gym was absolutly packed and they FLOODED the floor after the game!!! They carried him out on their shoulders with the ball held up over his head. When interviewed after the game he said " I was hotter than a pistol!" It was one of the most awsome scenes that I have ever seen!

I'll post a link!

They ran this story at the end of the CBS Evening News last night too. GREAT story! They interviewed the kid afterwards, and he said he was, hotter than a pistol!" I really loved the reaction of the crowd and his teammates. They were SO into this thing! Carried him off the floor!

I saw this on the CBS Nightly News Thursday night. At first I was wondering where the story was going and the next thing I know I'm crying my eyes out. I told a friend over dinner and he got all misty eyed without having seen it for himself. I got to work and found the video online and showed it to my ego trippin' male co-workers without telling them what the story was about. You should've heard the swallowed lumps in the throats of all of them. This story has grabbed everyone and I understand that CBS replayed it again Friday night for those who might've missed it the night before. What a heart warming story and if you don't feel moved by it, you have to already be dead. If there's ever a movie about it, I'm gonna be there opening night and the night after that...etc.. I don't think you can have too much of a story like this. :thumb:

I put this in the General Forum too but I figured it was good enough to be in both forums so more people could see it.

Did anybody else see Sports Center last night? The number one play was an Autistic kid that was the manager on his High School basketball team. It was their last game (Senior Night) and the coach suited him up. He came in and air balled the first shot in front of a packed gym. He then entered "THE ZONE" as he hit his next SIX 3 POINT SHOTS!!!!!!!! I think they said he had like 20 points in about 4 minutes!!!!!! The gym was absolutly packed and they FLOODED the floor after the game!!! They carried him out on their shoulders with the ball held up over his head. When interviewed after the game he said " I was hotter than a pistol!" It was one of the most awsome scenes that I have ever seen!

I'll post a link!

Thats awesome, and the best part is that he took it instride he knew he could do it