9th Region JV Tournament?

Dixie JV is scheduled to host CovCath this Wednesday (tomorrow) at 7:30. If that time gets bumped (due to weather), then they will play Saturday at 11:00 (again, at Dixie).

Dixie's JV has had some of the varsity guys who were not getting enough minutes playing now, so I think they have a good chance to make some noise in this tourney.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie JV is scheduled to host CovCath this Wednesday (tomorrow) at 7:30. If that time gets bumped (due to weather), then they will play Saturday at 11:00 (again, at Dixie).

Dixie's JV has had some of the varsity guys who were not getting enough minutes playing now, so I think they have a good chance to make some noise in this tourney.

Who are some of the varsity kids?

As far as being unorganized.....been through it and I couldn't agree more!

It seems to me that this would be easy to structure under your district format. Play your JV District games that occur before your varsity games to determine the #1 & #2 seeds from your district and seed a tournament of winner/runner-up format for a "regional winner" (teams outside 9th region could just be an additional "district") Just think how much more your district rivalry V/JV games would mean if the JV game determined standings for JV tourney!

If the timing of your district games occurs too late in the season, just schedule independent games (like they do for the tournament now) to create district winner/runnerup regional participants.

Get one venue to play quarter-finals thru finals games.

This process would:

a) allow all teams to participate; b) allow ease of scheduling; c) provide a true regional format; d) give a known standard for each year; and lastly....... create a forum where the kids can be recognized for their efforts/accomplishment (which, as we all know, is lacking for kids toiling at the JV level!)

Or you could keep doing it the current way and no one can follow it and no one will care what happens.....what do I know anyway! :idunno:

All good ideas in theory....................but in reality somewhat difficult to pull off with late in the year scheduled district games, lots of weather cancellations, All-A play, Frosh who play in Frosh games and in some JV games...... I hope some of your ideas come about but I kind of doubt that they will.

Rusty may have been the wrong term. But watching the Jags all season, this was not one of their better games overall. We did get a lot of minutes and scoring off the bench yesterday. Game was never in doubt from the time I walked in at the end of the 1st quarter 11-2.