Teen with "Affluenza" Gets no Jail Time in DUI Deaths

lawildcat

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the bigger issue the judge?

The judge gave the sentience correct? No jury? If so, then yes, as experts say that there is no such thing as affluenza, yet it was accepted. I wonder how much that they have to the judge?

I can't blame the kid 100%. I usually don't blame too much on parents as kids can turn out not being as stellar even with excellent parents. But in this case, the mid seemed pampered all of his life.

We don't know the kid, and I never really followed this story to know most of the details, such as who/how he was as a person before the accident, or if he had any remorse. DUI accidents can be a horrible thing, deaths can happen with no intent.

I'm disappointed in the judge for accepting a bogus condition, and I upset that the kid didn't do what he was supposed to do on probation.

Right off the bat I'm guessing that they are in Mexico or possibly even a Central American country.

But what about his so-called friends? He and his mom decided to go on the run because a so-called friend of his posted a video online of his breaking probation? And the friend even commented about him breaking probation.

The judge gave the sentience correct? No jury? If so, then yes, as experts say that there is no such thing as affluenza, yet it was accepted. I wonder how much that they have to the judge?

I can't blame the kid 100%. I usually don't blame too much on parents as kids can turn out not being as stellar even with excellent parents. But in this case, the mid seemed pampered all of his life.

We don't know the kid, and I never really followed this story to know most of the details, such as who/how he was as a person before the accident, or if he had any remorse. DUI accidents can be a horrible thing, deaths can happen with no intent.

I'm disappointed in the judge for accepting a bogus condition, and I upset that the kid didn't do what he was supposed to do on probation.

Right off the bat I'm guessing that they are in Mexico or possibly even a Central American country.

But what about his so-called friends? He and his mom decided to go on the run because a so-called friend of his posted a video online of his breaking probation? And the friend even commented about him breaking probation.

Seeing as how they differ from affluenza if they aren't in a country with no extradition then they suffer from stupidity as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like the kid might only get 4 months but the mother could get several years now.

Doesn't it have something to do with transferring him to adult court from juvenile and that is why he is going to do much time? Originally, they said if he violated probation, he could get 10 years.