Pappy Van Winkle bourbon theft investigation won't 'leave any stone unturned'

theguru

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My law partner and I represent the "person of interest." Jim was being polite by not letting you know that. I will answer any reasonable question on here that you all would like answered, because a false "tip" from a liquor store clerk has put us in the position of full scale damage control to our client's reputation.

My law partner and I represent the "person of interest." Jim was being polite by not letting you know that. I will answer any reasonable question on here that you all would like answered' date=' because a false "tip" from a liquor store clerk has put us in the position of full scale damage control to our client's reputation.[/quote']

Make it simple for us all, set up and pay for polygraphs for both the store clerk and your client.

My law partner and I represent the "person of interest." Jim was being polite by not letting you know that. I will answer any reasonable question on here that you all would like answered, because a false "tip" from a liquor store clerk has put us in the position of full scale damage control to our client's reputation.
So, is your client disputing that they were in the liquor store or that they were trying to sell Pappy?

^He was in the liquor store. That is him on the video. He did not offer to sell anything, Pappy or otherwise. He stopped in to see if they had any George T. Stagg or Pappy for sale. They did not. He mentioned that he was a collector (as many of us in Bardstown are) and that he had some Pappy, but that was all. Then he left. The whole conversation may have taken 90 seconds.

I am guessing this is all the talk in Bardstown?

I like small towns but would not want to be him in a small town.

I read the article about the Bardstown Principal. Interesting he hired an attorney but it probably is a good idea. However, I don't want to hear from him or is attorney as much as I want to hear from the clerk at the store.

Please keep us posted everyone.

Someone might want to talk to Qryche11......the following from the Elder/Highlands thread.

"On a sidenote I had my first shot of Pappy Van Winkle at the pre-game party in the parking lot. Goooood stufffff!"......a new "person of interest"??????? :idunno: :lol2:

^He was in the liquor store. That is him on the video. He did not offer to sell anything, Pappy or otherwise. He stopped in to see if they had any George T. Stagg or Pappy for sale. They did not. He mentioned that he was a collector (as many of us in Bardstown are) and that he had some Pappy, but that was all. Then he left. The whole conversation may have taken 90 seconds.

Very believable however it is still suspicious and given what has gone on (the theft) anyone that goes into a liquor store and asks about Pappy for sale and says he has some is really making a poor decision. It would automatically make you a person of interest (which has happened).

I have a hard time believing a school principal would walk into a liquor store in his hometown, wearing a school sweatshirt, and try to sell stolen bourbon to them. I know people can be stupid, bit he'd have to have a history of stupid to do this.

If your client really wanted to get out in front of this and eliminate himself he would do it ASAP.

While I see where you are coming from, at this point, he needs to be doing everything Hearsay and his law partner advise him to do. Now if I were this principal, I would be asking my legal counsel to get me to a polygraph as soon as possible. A priest friend of mine who was falsely accused of pedophillia was on his attorney to get him a polygraph as soon as possible but there was a reason his attorney wanted to let a few things happen before hand. This was a decade ago so I forget the reason.

I have a hard time believing a school principal would walk into a liquor store in his hometown, wearing a school sweatshirt, and try to sell stolen bourbon to them. I know people can be stupid, bit he'd have to have a history of stupid to do this.

So...........forgetting to take off a name badge before walking into Liqour Outlet yesterday may not have been my smartest move huh?