Pappy Van Winkle bourbon theft investigation won't 'leave any stone unturned'

theguru

12 for ER is absurd too! I have about 20 store pick Eagle Rare's behind my bar right now! Best bang for your buck you can buy, IMO.

But about 75-80 bottles in my collection, total. None of the Van Winkle's are worth what you can sell them for. Sell them and buy 10 bottles of something you like!

I did get a 2oz pour for $60. Lol

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me where you can find it for that price at retail. I'll hang up the phone and wait for your response. Pappy 23 and 20 comes in three-bottle cases, and if it shows up at liquor stores the first two bottles are always promised to someone else. The third goes up on the top shelf and sells for $1500 at a minimum.

Party Source, every year. They get the largest allotment in the country. Many many other stores sell their allotment at retail.

Some folks got there at 9am last year and still got a bottle. Some camped out overnight.

That's my point. Nobody can just walk into a liquor store on any given day and pick it up for that price you mentioned, because it won't be there. You either have to do something crazy like wait in a long line and hope, or bite the bullet and pay the huge markup.

That's my point. Nobody can just walk into a liquor store on any given day and pick it up for that price you mentioned, because it won't be there. You either have to do something crazy like wait in a long line and hope, or bite the bullet and pay the huge markup.
I never said they could, just mentioned what the retail price was.

There's probably quite a few types of good bourbon out there as good as Pappy. Wild Turkey is one of them. There's some that I didn't like nearly as well as others but I didn't worry about taste that much before I stopped drinking 8 years ago. I was drinking Jim Beam most the time when I did have a drink. And most the time it was for the relaxing buzz it gave me, not the taste.

However, beer is a different matter altogether. Taste is very important with that brew. An example is Falstaff. Another is Fosters. Two of the worst I ever encountered.

What do you mean, you could walk right up and get in this line.

pappy.jpg