Beechwood 56 Bellevue 55

It looks like this was a barn burner. Bellevue looks like they have improved tremendously. Jeremy Wight dropped 24 in last night. Beechwood is no slouch, I saw where Bellevue held Chas Moore to 2 pts....if they could only hold him to a goose egg, the victory would have been theirs. Come district time, the Bluebirds better not overlook the Tigers.

I thought about going to this game but took in the Holmes/Dixie game instead. Does anybody know anything about this game? It must've been a thriller! How did Jeremy Wight and his cast of 3 point threats do? How about Romes? How'd things go with Chas Moore playing against his other 'Tigers'?

Bellevue seems to be improving nicely as of late and Beechwood might be in a little funk but they pulled the 'W' which has to be a relief to them after having lost to Ludlow and HC 2 times. I believe Bellevue just beat Silver Grove the other night which can't be bad for them and their expectations for this season. Speaking of Ludlow they could possibly sneak into the Regionals which could be pretty interesting to see how Penick fares with the 'Big Boys' of the 9th Region or vice versa. When I saw them beat Beechwood they show'd that they are capable of having some GAME. Chase King kind of reminds me of a combination of Scott Bibbins and Jeff Vories. Maybe not as complete as either one of those guys but the kid really plays well and is exciting to watch.

Anyhow that's a whole 'nuther thread....

'BIRDS BEWARE.......FLASHBACK 1976 regional.....Heavily favored "Birds vs. Tigers @ Conner in the first game of the tourney. Denny Smith goes the length of the court in 7 seconds and dishes to a cutting Steve Froelicher to beat HHS in double OT. It still hurts!!!!

Agreed.......FLASHBACK 1976 regional.....Heavily favored "Birds vs. Tigers @ Conner in the first game of the tourney. Denny Smith goes the length of the court in 7 seconds and dishes to a cutting Steve Froelicher to beat HHS in double OT. It still hurts!!!!

I was 5 yrs old at the time but I was dribbling a basketball in my backyard in Bellevue so its nice to hear we took one from the birds.....that had to be the Steve Ridder team.... right?

I was 5 yrs old at the time but I was dribbling a basketball in my backyard in Bellevue so its nice to hear we took one from the birds.....that had to be the Steve Ridder team.... right?

Absolutely...and he "went off" that game...if I remember 30-ish pts. But he did that to alot of teams!

I thought about going to this game but took in the Holmes/Dixie game instead. Does anybody know anything about this game? It must've been a thriller! How did Jeremy Wight and his cast of 3 point threats do? How about Romes? How'd things go with Chas Moore playing against his other 'Tigers'?

Bellevue seems to be improving nicely as of late and Beechwood might be in a little funk but they pulled the 'W' which has to be a relief to them after having lost to Ludlow and HC 2 times. I believe Bellevue just beat Silver Grove the other night which can't be bad for them and their expectations for this season.

Speaking of Ludlow they could possibly sneak into the Regionals which could be pretty interesting to see how Penick fares with the 'Big Boys' of the 9th Region or vice versa.
When I saw them beat Beechwood they show'd that they are capable of having some GAME. Chase King kind of reminds me of a combination of Scott Bibbins and Jeff Vories. Maybe not as complete as either one of those guys but the kid really plays well and is exciting to watch.

:confused: With all due respect I must take exception with this comment. If the Panthers make it to the Regional they won't being sneaking in by any means. They will have earned it. Ludlow appears to be playing there best ball right now and some others appear to be going in the opposite direction. As for Penick in the regional I think it will be interesting to see how the so called "Big Boys" handle him. Along with the other twin tower Justin Hardin and the outside shooting of Chase King the Panthers could present a few problems for some teams with matchups. Call it sneaking in if you want but I know Coach Highfield won't have them looking past Lloyd.

:confused: With all due respect I must take exception with this comment. If the Panthers make it to the Regional they won't being sneaking in by any means. They will have earned it. Ludlow appears to be playing there best ball right now and some others appear to be going in the opposite direction. As for Penick in the regional I think it will be interesting to see how the so called "Big Boys" handle him. Along with the other twin tower Justin Hardin and the outside shooting of Chase King the Panthers could present a few problems for some teams with matchups. Call it sneaking in if you want but I know Coach Highfield won't have them looking past Lloyd.

Come on BIGZIZG: If Ludlow makes it into the Region (and I think they will) who have they played, who have they beaten, and in any other district in the Ninth (heck in the state), do they make it into the Region? They have lucked out playing in most probably one of the poorest Basketball District not only in Northern Kentucky but most probably in the Commonwealth...... no offense Dixie fans.....

Do you really think that Holmes, Highlands, or whomever wins out of Boone County district, won't want to play Ludlow in their first round matchup, then lets say NCC, Newport, CovCath CovHoly Cross, or St. Henry, Ryle? All the winners will be praying for that Ludlow first round matchup. If Ludlow wasn't your team, who would you want to play in a first round matchup in the Ninth by looking at their schedules (and yes I understand why they play the schedule they do)?

For the Ludlows players, fans, even the City, it will be one hell of a party on Route 8, if they make it into the Region. They all will be as happy as a drunk locked in a liquor store overnight, but for all the other teams, it is just the next step onto the bigger prize.

Come on BIGZIZG: If Ludlow makes it into the Region (and I think they will) who have they played, who have they beaten, and in any other district in the Ninth (heck in the state), do they make it into the Region? They have lucked out playing in most probably one of the poorest Basketball District not only in Northern Kentucky but most probably in the Commonwealth...... no offense Dixie fans.....

Do you really think that Holmes, Highlands, or whomever wins out of Boone County district, won't want to play Ludlow in their first round matchup, then lets say NCC, Newport, CovCath CovHoly Cross, or St. Henry, Ryle? All the winners will be praying for that Ludlow first round matchup. If Ludlow wasn't your team, who would you want to play in a first round matchup in the Ninth by looking at their schedules (and yes I understand why they play the schedule they do)?

For the Ludlows players, fans, even the City, it will be one hell of a party on Route 8, if they make it into the Region. They all will be as happy as a drunk locked in a liquor store overnight, but for all the other teams, it is just the next step onto the bigger prize.

I say let them bask in the glory of playing one more game than the majority of NKY schools. You never know... I played at Bellevue in the late 80's and we made it to the region twice (soph and Sr yr).. soph we got destroyed by cov Cath when they had Sean Dineen/Kennedy/amongst others.....they were licking their chops when they drew us. My Sr. year...that was another story. We got Scott in the region at Holmes and we truly beleived we could hang with them. They had the Smith boys, Kirby and Haynes. We had a great gameplan and Scott came out looking past us. I don't remember the score but we might have played our worst game of the year and still only lost by 12 or so. It was not the game I wanted to end my career on.... I think I was 1-15 from the field.....first time playing in Holmes gym. So I say, if you get there Panthers....be the spoiler and have fun. It will be good for Penick to get some recognition and then if he falters in the Region.... we will know whether or not he is Div 1 or Div 11 material.

:rolleyes: My my oldguy your Bromley bitterness is definitely showing thru. You must have gotten chased out of Ludlow on a number of ocassions. Need to let it go myfriend. Sorry if you didn't get chosen in but my loyalties to Ludlow are no stronger then your apparent loyalty to all things parochial. I respect your right to feel that way but you need to stick with what you know.

Bellevue seems to be improving nicely as of late and Beechwood might be in a little funk but they pulled the 'W' which has to be a relief to them after having lost to Ludlow and HC 2 times. I believe Bellevue just beat Silver Grove the other night which can't be bad for them and their expectations for this season. When I saw them beat Beechwood they show'd that they are capable of having some GAME. Chase King kind of reminds me of a combination of Scott Bibbins and Jeff Vories. Maybe not as complete as either one of those guys but the kid really plays well and is exciting to watch.

Sorry, I thought that I was paying Ludlow a compliment. I said that they were capable of GAME. I acknowledged Penick as a player who could make things interesting in the Regional and hinted that it was an oppurtunity for all of us to see what he's made of by going against the best the 9th Region has to offer since Ludlow doesn't play a strong schedule throughout the seasn. I praised Chase King for being a really good player the likes of Bibbins and Vories. I don't know how much nicer about Ludlow I could've been. Using the words 'Sneak into the Regional' is not all that far fetched when you think that some teams will not make it to the Regionals who are better then Ludlow namely Cov Cath or Holy Cross, and that getting past Lloyd to get to the Regionals is not exactly a hugh acomplisment. The fact that I even mentioned Ludlow at all should be a compliment to you that anyone else cares enough to mention them. As much as I pull for Ludlow (having grown up in Covington) year in a year out, I still have a grip on reality that the small school that they are will typically provide them obstacles of ever really having a consistent program but I always like to see them do well. Someone seems to be a little bit knee-jerk sensitive that they can't even take the compliment when one is given. Relax dude, you'll be alright. Sorry though that you must build your belief in a team that typically has next to a 0% chance of ever doing much. I admire your allegiance to the Panthers but take a compliment gracefully when one is given. Jeeze

I hope Beechwood can get back on track. They didn't play bad in this one because Bellevue defended them well but I know they are capable of playing better. They haven't gotten much out of some of their players in the last week or so. They need to be hitting on all cylinders by the end of the month.

I hope Beechwood can get back on track. They didn't play bad in this one because Bellevue defended them well but I know they are capable of playing better. They haven't gotten much out of some of their players in the last week or so. They need to be hitting on all cylinders by the end of the month.

I am curious how they defended Romes..... Bellevue has small guards and a couple of big guys... I wonder if they chased Romes and zoned the rest of the court.