Owsley @ OBI 2/9 Predictions

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Owsley will be just find. Neeley was a good player but the games i had seen him play in, it looked to me he hurt the team. It seemed to me that Neeley and Congleton had a lot of problems. I seen several games including the one against Hazard when Congleton would be wide open uderneath the basket and Neeley either didnt see him or didnt want to pass it. Neeley forced a lot of shots and i dont care what anybody says about the loyal fans of Booneville turning there backs on Neeley, they didnt. When a player jacks threes 5 - 6 ft behind the three point line, well thats just ridiculous, that would make anybodys fans become frustrated. I feel that the coach of Owsley, cant think of his name right now, should of sat him on the bench in December. This is just my opinion on this Owsley Team. We will see how they respond with Neeley's absents. We cant downgrade this team because of the lost of Neeley, they still have two good players in Smith and Congleton. Good Luck to the Owls. Im going with the Owls by 5+. :thumb:

Owsley easy!!

I wouldnt say Owsley easy. Its untelling what kind of players OBI might have tomorrow. They never seem to keep the same team, they have players come in, leave, all sorts of crap. The team that you will play at home will be completely different when you play them at there place. They also bring a good student crowd in their gym and make a lot of noise. I hope Owsley does win this one easy, but i dont see that happening.

I feel that the coach of Owsley, cant think of his name right now, should of sat him on the bench in December.

But instead, he used the heck out of him until Smith came back and then just put neeley on the back burner as did the fans at Owsley. If you don't believe me, research the posts on this site because I have. I don't post uninformed.

I think Owsley will be just find. Neeley was a good player but the games i had seen him play in, it looked to me he hurt the team. It seemed to me that Neeley and Congleton had a lot of problems. I seen several games including the one against Hazard when Congleton would be wide open uderneath the basket and Neeley either didnt see him or didnt want to pass it. Neeley forced a lot of shots and i dont care what anybody says about the loyal fans of Booneville turning there backs on Neeley, they didnt. When a player jacks threes 5 - 6 ft behind the three point line, well thats just ridiculous, that would make anybodys fans become frustrated. I feel that the coach of Owsley, cant think of his name right now, should of sat him on the bench in December. This is just my opinion on this Owsley Team. We will see how they respond with Neeley's absents. We cant downgrade this team because of the lost of Neeley, they still have two good players in Smith and Congleton. Good Luck to the Owls. Im going with the Owls by 5+. :thumb:

No doubt there was chemistry problems on this team but to call out Neely for shot selection and not passing to Congleton is exactly why there is chemistry problems. This is a team game and all share the glory and the blame. I have seen more than Neely do the things you accuse Neely of. It is a shame that a quality kid is the odd man out in Booneville. But you have the team that it seems everyone wants so best of luck. I will also state that Tre Congleton is a classskid also and thier is no disrespect meant towards him or any player on the Owls team.

But instead, he used the heck out of him until Smith came back and then just put neeley on the back burner as did the fans at Owsley. If you don't believe me, research the posts on this site because I have. I don't post uninformed.

I dont believe that Owsley fans have put Neeley on the back burner. Good coach or not the largest majority of Owsley fans are still Owsley fans, not Smith or Neeley fans. I am very familiar with the territory and just because a few people state their opinion on BGP doesnt mean hes' now a nobody. Yes, Smith coming back drew the attention away from Neeley's scoring and thats what everyone focused on. Neeley was demanded to score the first of the season and now he's not the focus because help has arrived other than Congelton. Smith has been discussed and discussed over and over again. IMO Neeley needs Smith as much as Smith needs Neeley and both of them dont win the JBS game without Congelton. One on a team by theirself surrounded by the rest of the Owlsey team is a 1 and 10 record(this has been proven) put them together and they beat a good team and get recognized as a team with potential and see a possible bright future. If Neeley dont come back then Smith will prolly go through what Neeley went through the first of the season.

If neeley isnt back the Owls take one on the chin because its never easy to win one at Oneida anyway you get there.

I dont believe that Owsley fans have put Neeley on the back burner. Good coach or not the largest majority of Owsley fans are still Owsley fans, not Smith or Neeley fans. I am very familiar with the territory and just because a few people state their opinion on BGP doesnt mean hes' now a nobody. Yes, Smith coming back drew the attention away from Neeley's scoring and thats what everyone focused on. Neeley was demanded to score the first of the season and now he's not the focus because help has arrived other than Congelton. Smith has been discussed and discussed over and over again. IMO Neeley needs Smith as much as Smith needs Neeley and both of them dont win the JBS game without Congelton. One on a team by theirself surrounded by the rest of the Owlsey team is a 1 and 10 record(this has been proven) put them together and they beat a good team and get recognized as a team with potential and see a possible bright future. If Neeley dont come back then Smith will prolly go through what Neeley went through the first of the season.

If neeley isnt back the Owls take one on the chin because its never easy to win one at Oneida anyway you get there.

Agreed....together they are possibly the best backcourt in the region, apart...well... 1-10 says it all. If they don't pull it together, they'res not gonna be a season left to salvage.

I think that Neeley is the best 'on the ball' defender the Owls had....and that he was more capable of scoring without Smith than Smith without Neeley. I guess that I'm saying that IMO Neeley was the better all around player. Plus he has proven that he is capable of playing team ball- just look back at the last couple of seasons. It is too bad that he quit but from my observations I can't say as I blame him.

I think that this Oneida game may be close- you never know what to expect over there. Oneida seems capable of a 40 point swing 'night to night', but I'll go with Oneida by 7 if Neeley doesn't play.

When a player jacks threes 5 - 6 ft behind the three point line, well thats just ridiculous, that would make anybodys fans become frustrated.

Have you saw Neeley shoot many of those since Smith returned? I'm pretty sure that I've saw Smith pulling the trigger from that same range...maybe even farther out (and usually missing).

Not meaning to single Smith out....just stating what I've saw.

Seriously...OBI may be the weakest team remaining on the Owls schedule. This game could be a confidence builder....