Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owsley @ OBI 2/9 Predictions

Featured Replies

I have seen some wierd things happen at OBI before. I think Robert Smith will have a good game for the Owls in this one.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that Robert will drop 30 on the OBI boys. I'm not saying anything bad about anyone. With that being said...I am predicting that the Owls will play better without Neeley. Just my thoughts. Neeley is a great kid, but I feel the change will help the other players. Can anyone talk Daniel into playing baseball?? ;)

I will say that Robert will drop 30 on the OBI boys. I'm not saying anything bad about anyone. With that being said...I am predicting that the Owls will play better without Neeley. Just my thoughts. Neeley is a great kid, but I feel the change will help the other players. Can anyone talk Daniel into playing baseball?? ;)

I am sure Neeley would love to play for Owlsley since the team will play better without him. Nice Try

:rolleyes:

I am sure Neeley would love to play for Owlsley since the team will play better without him. Nice Try

:rolleyes:

 

Explain yourself.. I was just making a statement. We all know Daniel isn't playing for Owsley. I just think they will play better basketball now.

Explain yourself.. I was just making a statement. We all know Daniel isn't playing for Owsley. I just think they will play better basketball now.

you made your statement and I think it speaks volumes. I wonder if Daniel thinks the team will play better without him. GO OWSLEY

They may play better without Neeley, and they may not. The imortant thing is now we know where both of you stand on the matter. I just wonder who is going to be the other ball handler when Robert is trapped or in a press. I thought that was one of Neeley's strong points was his evasiveness and dribbling.

you made your statement and I think it speaks volumes. I wonder if Daniel thinks the team will play better without him. GO OWSLEY

 

Obviously Daniel doesn't care if the team will play better without him. The world is a cruel place, and just because things aren't the way you want them, doesn't mean you just quit. You have to remember you are on a team, it's not all about you. I know if I was playing and someone I was playing with didn't want to be there, then I would want them GONE. Maybe the team gets better without this person being there.

They may play better without Neeley, and they may not. The imortant thing is now we know where both of you stand on the matter. I just wonder who is going to be the other ball handler when Robert is trapped or in a press. I thought that was one of Neeley's strong points was his evasiveness and dribbling.

 

You bring up a great point. I'm not sure on that, I'm just glad I don't coach basketball. There was/is way to much drama happening with the basketball team.

I would love to see Daniel come out for baseball, but if he is going to get half way through the season and quit, then I don't want him to. I guess the subject of quitting is a sore spot for me. To me quitting is the easy way out.

High School sports is a one time deal that you get, and some of the decisions you make in High School will impact your future. Say you are a College recruiter and you see someone playing and he is doing great. Then you find out he has quit several times in his career. Are you willing to risk one of the few scholarships you have on someone who has the reputation to just quit if things aren't going his or her way. I did recruit College ball players, and I can say that I would not "waste" a scholarship on someone like that, when there are a lot more people who play their hearts out everyday and dream of playing College Sports, or even attending College.

 

See this is a touchy subject with me! Nothing personal. :D

Then you find out he has quit several times in his career. Are you willing to risk one of the few scholarships you have on someone who has the reputation to just quit if things aren't going his or her way.

 

See this is a touchy subject with me! Nothing personal. :D

 

What about a player who has switched schools practically every year of his high school career and who has a reputation of not being a team player? Are these things that a recruiter would look for?

I will say that Robert will drop 30 on the OBI boys.

 

Rick Bolus rates Oneida's 5'10" guard Deion Jalloh in the top 50 players in the state. Do you think it could get ugly if it comes down to a one-on-one shoot out between him and Smith?

No! I wouldn't look at them. But if they made a change trying to help out their career and it didn't work out, that is different. I don't see many High School students changing schools every year. The problem with changing schools is you may have to loose some of the valuable playing time.

I do see where Robert will have to score a lot more that Neeley is gone. Someone will have to pick up that 12-14 point loss in points. Maybe Tre, or one of the other boys will step up. You may even see a team playing "team basketball". That would be a fun thing to see.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.