Not on Facebook

MentschTrachtGottLacht

Two things I have against twitter is that in order to send a DM to someone you both have to be following each other. On facebook you can just send that person a message even if you aren't friends. Also your only allowed 126 characters per tweet/message, facebook, you can type as many characters, make the message as big as you want. Twitter you can't do that

You can send a DM to anyone who follows you, regardless of whether or not you follow them. I LOVE that feature to prevent people / companies bombarding me with DM's unless I choose to follow them.

Additionally, I am okay with the 140 character limit, keeps people from going nuts with silly thoughts.

I agree with Randy, Twitter gives me what I want: updates on people I like, news, and comedy / entertainment.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am the only person on BGP who is not, nor never has been, on Twitter? :lol2:

No you are not. I have never been on Twitter and never will be. I really can't think of anyone I would want to follow and I know no one would want to follow me. Besides, there is something about Tweeting that just doesn't seem right. And I have one question. Is someone that is on Twitter a Twit? I don't want to be a Twit. I got on facebook because I knew someone who wanted to see how many friends they could get. I might go on there every couple of months just to check it out. But I can't take it seriously.

And also a photo album for your friend who is getting ready to have a kid--bare belly & everything. :no:

I joined when I was a sophomore in college; that's going on more than a decade ago (oh, Lord). At that point "the facebook" was a new and exciting thing. The further I get away from college, the less interesting Facebook has become.

I'm on both but if you took FB away I wouldn't bat an eye. Not true with Twitter.

And thank goodness it's limited to 140 characters. That keeps people from posting long religious or political rants.

I can't tell you how many good books I've read as a result of finding them on Twitter. Same with documentaries and music.

Plus there are some funny people on there including some here on BGP.

As I always say "Twitter is a customized internet."

I love my Facebook for all the friendships it has helped me reconnect, or keep. I also have been able to reconnect with family that I haven't seen in years. I have friends in almost all 50 states, and in other countries, and we'd never be able to stay in touch without Facebook. At least, not the way we do, where sharing parts of our everyday lives is special because it IS so "mundane".

I use Twitter for news, and updates. But I'm apparently not clever enough to utilize Twitter well. :lol: But...apparently my humor and thoughts translate well via Facebook. Who knows...different strokes for different folks!

I love my Facebook for all the friendships it has helped me reconnect, or keep. I also have been able to reconnect with family that I haven't seen in years. I have friends in almost all 50 states, and in other countries, and we'd never be able to stay in touch without Facebook. At least, not the way we do, where sharing parts of our everyday lives is special because it IS so "mundane".

Best part of FB is for old folks like us to see families of friends and to keep in contact. No question.

I'm on both but if you took FB away I wouldn't bat an eye. Not true with Twitter.

And thank goodness it's limited to 140 characters. That keeps people from posting long religious or political rants.

I can't tell you how many good books I've read as a result of finding them on Twitter. Same with documentaries and music.

Plus there are some funny people on there including some here on BGP.

As I always say "Twitter is a customized internet."

This about sums it up. :thumb: