Is the KY Democratic Party playing the damsel in distress card?

Ashley Judd, Allison Grimes now Heather French Henry. All attractive women linked to a possible run against Mitch McConnell. McConnell's reputation as a ruthless campaigner is well known and well earned. When Judd was being mentioned as a possibility and her mental health issues were brought up McConnell was taken to task. If Grimes decides to run and McConnell brings up the promise she is breaking by running (she promised to finish at least 1 full term before seeking another office) or if French-Henry runs and her husband's "colorful" past is brought up will McConnell be taken to task for that? Sure looks to me like the Dems want to have a candidate that they can run and be able to blast Mitch for aggressive and play the victim card when McConnell attacks a woman.

Sounds a bit sexist to me.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley Judd, Allison Grimes now Heather French Henry. All attractive women linked to a possible run against Mitch McConnell. McConnell's reputation as a ruthless campaigner is well known and well earned. When Judd was being mentioned as a possibility and her mental health issues were brought up McConnell was taken to task. If Grimes decides to run and McConnell brings up the promise she is breaking by running (she promised to finish at least 1 full term before seeking another office) or if French-Henry runs and her husband's "colorful" past is brought up will McConnell be taken to task for that? Sure looks to me like the Dems want to have a candidate that they can run and be able to blast Mitch for aggressive and play the victim card when McConnell attacks a woman.

Sounds a bit sexist to me.

Dems' plan will be to run Hillary against Mitch. That is Mitch's biggest fear -- that the race will be a referendum on Washington, not KY. So Mitch is trying to cast the race early on as a race between himself and an actual opponent. Mitch also is trying to play the victim card ... he and his wife are getting picked on by the mean KY liberals. GOP knows Hillary has the ability to carry the commonwealth. That's why they're scared.

You haven't been following the news, have you? I've been on here since 2001, I'll be here in 2016. Look me up and we'll compare results.

Congrats in advance on earning your 15-year pin. Actually, what might save Mitch's posterior would be a GOP ticket with Rand Paul on it.

For some reason the Dems feel Hillary will be the next president. Her chances were slim and non and slim left town about a month ago.

Again, what does that have to do with Mitch winning re-election? Hillary becoming President automatically means Kentucky will vote for whomever the Dems run? That's ignorance at it's finest.

Congrats in advance on earning your 15-year pin. Actually, what might save Mitch's posterior would be a GOP ticket with Rand Paul on it.

There's no one out there that can beat Mitch right now. Dems don't particularly seem interested in playing, at least not yet.