Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I have been barred from Communion

Featured Replies

For those Catholics who support Civil "same-sex" marriages, let me warn you. Doing so will bar you from being able to receive Holy Communion. I have been informed that my stance that the DOMA is Unconstitutional has now basically made me a pariah. I guess going to church on Sundays and living the best I can in the image of Christ does nothing if it goes against man-made Cannon law.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those Catholics who support Civil "same-sex" marriages, let me warn you. Doing so will bar you from being able to receive Holy Communion. I have been informed that my stance that the DOMA is Unconstitutional has now basically made me a pariah. I guess going to church on Sundays and living the best I can in the image of Christ does nothing if it goes against man-made Cannon law.
I have an aunt who was told by a priest that she was unable to receive communion b/c she got divorced.

 

The Catholic Church is beyond ridiculous at this point. I am not surprised by anything that comes out like this.

So how exactly does one find out they are barred from the Eucharist?

I have an aunt who was told by a priest that she was unable to receive communion b/c she got divorced.

 

The Catholic Church is beyond ridiculous at this point. I am not surprised by anything that comes out like this.

 

 

My father was told the same thing. He is divorced also.

  • Author
How did they find out your stance?

 

A friend of mine is a priest. My parish priest hasn't said any thing. My friend, however, forwarded this on to me to let me know that my stance goes against the above Canon law. Whatever.

A friend of mine is a priest. My parish priest hasn't said any thing. My friend, however, forwarded this on to me to let me know that my stance goes against the above Canon law. Whatever.

 

 

Wow. Tough crowd, mexi.

There are quite a few priests who have taken to barring Catholic politicians from Communion for their stances on abortion. My repugnance of abortion and those that support it (particularly Catholics who do) really seems to make me okay with that concept when it comes to their denial of the Eucharist.

 

I think I'm kind of torn when it comes to stances on gay marriage. I certainly can understand those who argue that DOMA is unconstitutional...but as a Catholic, I am definitely against same-sex marriage, as I do believe that it clearly flies in the face of the sacrament of marriage. I still don't know how to feel about that.

  • Author
Wow. Tough crowd, mexi.

 

I respect my friend b/c he fights for what he believes in. I, however, can not look at a law that I find as Unconstitutional and say that it is ok b/c my religious faith tells me as such. Just can't. It's a church/state thing.

I have an aunt who was told by a priest that she was unable to receive communion b/c she got divorced.

 

The Catholic Church is beyond ridiculous at this point. I am not surprised by anything that comes out like this.

 

My father was told the same thing. He is divorced also.

 

Honest question: Are these folks only divorced (legally have ended their marriage), are they divorced and dating/remarried, and did they go through the annulment process (having the marriage declared non-sacramental and null by the Catholic marriage tribunal)?

I was barred before my first communion, due to being a very bad kid.......I just bring my own wine on sunday's

  • Author
There are quite a few priests who have taken to barring Catholic politicians from Communion for their stances on abortion. My repugnance of abortion and those that support it (particularly Catholics who do) really seems to make me okay with that concept when it comes to their denial of the Eucharist.

 

I think I'm kind of torn when it comes to stances on gay marriage. I certainly can understand those who argue that DOMA is unconstitutional...but as a Catholic, I am definitely against same-sex marriage, as I do believe that it clearly flies in the face of the sacrament of marriage. I still don't know how to feel about that.

 

I don't believe in it. I don't support the notion that it should be open as a sacrament w/in the church. However, if secularly they use the same word as the church, I can't help that. What I can't support is violating Equal Protection. That's it. The church states that if you support this civily, then you are barred.

I respect my friend b/c he fights for what he believes in. I, however, can not look at a law that I find as Unconstitutional and say that it is ok b/c my religious faith tells me as such. Just can't. It's a church/state thing.

 

 

I understand completely. This is where I have a hard time with churches and individual faith. God is all forgiving but churches don't have to be? God loves all and knows we all sin, and preachers and priests do as well, but because of my sin I can no longer have communion or sing in the choir but I can still play on the church softball team? To this day I still have a hard time with churches based on things that seemed hypocritical to me even as a child. It has just worsened as I have gotten older. I can say you are a much better man than I am. You still call your friend a friend and seem to be forgiving in the way God means for us to be forgiving. Forgiveness is something I have failed at horribly in my life. I can learn a lot from you.

Honest question: Are these folks only divorced (legally have ended their marriage), are they divorced and dating/remarried, and did they go through the annulment process (having the marriage declared non-sacramental and null by the Catholic marriage tribunal)?

 

 

My father remarried. Does that make a difference? I left the Catholic Church in my 20s and I am not clear on all of the rules like I used to be.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.