Is the Sweet 16 still "THE GREATEST SHOW IN HOOPS?"

Let me guess...your favorite food is a lemon?

Just expressing my opinion. I've been for the last 15 years. I like the usual format. I also like the programs that they did away with. And no, I'm not from the 'older generation.' Call me old fashioned if you wish.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have come to learn in this life - Things always change for the worse - never the better.

Having the one and only state basketball trophy being the same size as the Class A classified track trophy is ludicrous.

Not having a program for cost reasons is a cop out. Programs are a nice added touch, adding to the overall class and flavor of the event. I found the old adage that "you can't tell the players without a program" to be very true at this year's state tournament.

Incidentally, the tournament moved from Memorial Coliseum to Freedom Hall in Louisville and not Rupp. It was played for years in Louisville, where the business community did fan friendly things like "fair-trading" hotel/motel room rates, before moving to Rupp. While I'm not advocating moving the event back to Louisville, the Derby City was much more fan-friendly than Lexington.

As I have come to learn in this life - Things always change for the worse - never the better.

Having the one and only state basketball trophy being the same size as the Class A classified track trophy is ludicrous.

Not having a program for cost reasons is a cop out. Programs are a nice added touch, adding to the overall class and flavor of the event. I found the old adage that "you can't tell the players without a program" to be very true at this year's state tournament.

Incidentally, the tournament moved from Memorial Coliseum to Freedom Hall in Louisville and not Rupp. It was played for years in Louisville, where the business community did fan friendly things like "fair-trading" hotel/motel room rates, before moving to Rupp. While I'm not advocating moving the event back to Louisville, the Derby City was much more fan-friendly than Lexington.

My bad, I have to plead ignorance on that. I knew it went back and forth for a while if I remember correctly, didn't realize it was played in FH for several years in a row. But, my point still stands...heck, probably even makes my point better. I can't imagine what some of the old timers said when it moved not just from Memorial, but to the "evil" city of Louisville. Heck, thats cause for feud!:sour:

And surely you don't believe that things always change for the worse do you?

I just read something last week that essentially said it will not go back to Louisville any time in the near future.

Yes it was much more fan friendly. You had a lot to do around freedon hall. Really? had to drive downtown and then drive back to freedon hall for games. Can't agree on that one.

Atmosphere, Atmosphere, Atmosphere! As a casual spectator/fan, still can't beat it!

While I did miss the programs and the jazzed up festivities prior to the championship game of years gone by, IMO, to answer the question, yes it is, still

"The Greatest Show In Hoops".

Atmosphere, Atmosphere, Atmosphere! As a casual spectator/fan, still can't beat it!

While I did miss the programs and the jazzed up festivities prior to the championship game of years gone by, IMO, to answer the question, yes it is, still

"The Greatest Show In Hoops".

Exactly.

It really doesn't matter... It's all about the play. Lets review the threads ...

This year - the Best tourney ever?

Sweet 16 still the greatest show on Earth?

Game so crazy and wild players just survive.

Fact, is the players produced a great tourney. Forget the lasers and confetti. It is high school after all. Lets save confetti for the pros.

Are you upset your guys didn't make it? I've never seen anyone whose cheerios were more peed in. Man, you need a vacation.