Highlands vs ND Region 9 Championship Game Predictions

Both Highlands and ND advance to the final tomorrow nite at 7pm at BOK Arena.

The winner takes the 9th Region Championship.

I just don't know if Highlands has enough size or toughness to compete with a Panda team loaded with D1 caliber athletes.

Thoughts and Predictions...

I really think these are the two best teams. NDA has been on a mission the last month of the season. I think they have too much on both ends of the floor and they are executing at a premium level on both ends of the floor. Should be a good game.

ND should be considered the favorite but Highlands is probably the second best team in the 9th so it should be a good final. I would not anticipate any type of slowdown this time. As we have seen on the Boys side foul trouble can really change the game and somehow this seems like a game that will generate a number of fouls. ND has the "big game" experience on their side and that might be the key if it comes down to the final seconds like last years final.

I watched ND destroy BC tonite and I was surprised at how well the Bigs for ND ran the floor.

ND is the total package and it will be theirs to squander. JMO.

If Highlands pulls the miracle off, it wont be because they beat ND but most likely because ND gave it to Highlands....

ND had their way with Highlands earlier this yr and it will take Highlands best game of the yr to keep it close. JMO

I know nothing about HHS talent this year as compared to last so ...

Is it that much better? Is the difference significant enough to cause Jamie to change her strategy from last year? Is NDA not as good?

Just curious if the gap is closer this year?

Pretty much the exact team as last yr. Highlands and ND just chose to play stall ball last yr because ND was unbeatable imo.

We may see the same thing this go round as well. If Highlands stalls, will ND come out and guard them or will they play into Highlands strategy?

With ND beating Highlands earlier in the season by 35 will the Birds play slow down again this yr or will Highlands just let ND pound them with their depth and athletes????

There are numbers that suggest that only 1 out of 14 girls at Highlands evens know how to play a sport. Wonder how the other schools numbers work out???Just sayin....

I would like to know where you get these "numbers"? As for the game, I would love to see Highlands play the stall game just to get on here after the game and read all the posts!

I would like to know where you get these "numbers"? As for the game, I would love to see Highlands play the stall game just to get on here after the game and read all the posts!

If the stall returns, I promise to do my share of posting. Might even do one better, I may just get the scorers table to play Harlem shake. No one can stand around while that is playing. Good luck to both teams regardless of the tactics. I have enjoyed both teams throughout this season. And yes, I will be pulling for the Pandas!

If the Birds can play for all 4 quarters, then the game should be a dandy. They've played several games where they have 3 excellent quarters (Simon Kenton comes to mind) but seem to have a lull in each game. If they can avoid the dreaded lull the Birds can pull the upset. Leah Schaffer will need to play big.

My heart says the Birds but my head says NDA. Olivia Voskuhl is outstanding and can score from anywhere on the court.

I see a lower scoring game but not a repeat of last year.

Don't like the stall strategy. Tells your team that you can't compete, and you need to rely on chicanery to not get blown out. Even if you are close at the end, team will not be in the right mind set to win the game. Rarely if ever works out. I think Highlands should be able to compete straight up. Go LadyBirds!!

When they met up earlier this season, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Leah Schaffer out with an ankle injury? I think HHS has the athletes to compete and possibly pull off the upset but with the way ND has been playing lately the birds are going to have to play a near flawless game to pull it off.

BC tried a little stall ball towards the end of the first half yesterday against NDA. Didn't work out too well for BC, just gave the NDA girls a breather.

This season started out very shallow for NDA. They were really only a solid 6 deep. As the season progressed, they are easily 8 deep, which is good, because other teams have gotten NDA's starting 5 in foul trouble early as of late. Henderson had solid minutes off the bench for NDA yesterday, probably played the best game of her season.

The only glaring flaw I saw yesterday for NDA was on defense - they let the shooters on the wings wide open way too often. NDA is long on defense, but BC could of had many more uncontested shots at 3's if they had wanted them. If someone gets hot from the perimeter for Highlands, that could be a problem, but I would suspect NDA would adjust pretty quickly and force Highlands back inside.