Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MPSL89

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MPSL89

  1. If the alignment goes through,it will be a battle in the Region with Highlands and St. Henry girls and boys in Cross Country.
  2. So do you have JH beating BG or Highlands? I do not see them beating either one.
  3. They went to the AD as many other parents did and I am sure it was at least part of the reason he was pushed out at CCH. Their was a reason he left CCH!
  4. Would like to think that is the case,but I have friends and co-workers who had kids at Cov Cath while he was there and I heard the same thing from them; Kids do not like him and he is a terrible teacher. Same old same old, some things never change! He might know how to coach basketball, but that does not make him a good pick.
  5. I do not understand all the love for Listerman. He was a teacher/coach at HHS during my days there and there was no love for him by the students. And as far as a teacher he was terrible and did not care one bit about teaching kids (more concerned about running his landscape bussiness during class than teaching). IMO he would be a very bad pick for Highlands.
  6. I would bet that his son is wanting to stay with other family members or friends and finish out his Sr year with his friends and also play for a team with a good shot at another state title.
  7. I do not know about other schools,but at Highlands a lot of girls hang up sports in Jr and Sr years, and not just in basketball but all sports. If one girl quits, it seems that others like to follow.
  8. In track and cross country it is common in middle school and occasionally in HS to have the boys and girls run together in the distance events. It is priceless to watch the boys when the see a girl ready to pass them!
  9. I would like to know where you get these "numbers"? As for the game, I would love to see Highlands play the stall game just to get on here after the game and read all the posts!
  10. Yes it was smart coaching,but it still made it boring. Put in a shot clock and no coach and no team can play the stall game and it will make it a more exciting game.
  11. McDonald for NCC played a great game, Bolden fun to watch for Holmes. I thought Weyer came off the bench and added a big spark for NCC and do not know why the coach took him out and did not put him back in again? I wish HS would put in a shot clock, hate watching Holmes stand and dribble the ball at half court for 3 mins several times tonight! There was some nice talent on NCC's team from Ft Thomas kids, I am sure Highlands would have loved to have that talent on their team!
  12. Has nothing to do with the haves and have nots, any kid from any city can find a ball and a basket to practice at! Are you saying that Highlands and NCC kids do not sacrafice,practice and have part time jobs? What ever team has the best record in the season deserves to be seeded #1 regardless of how big or small that school is.
  13. The stands where not full for the girls or boys game.
  14. So it is region not district that Highlands has not won since 2001, they are due!
  15. Who is the greatest head coach ever? That is a very tough one to answer. I did not have the pleasure to see Smith coach,but I do have to say Mueller is the best I have ever seen in person, It is amazing what he does with the players he has. I am not familiar with Jaggers,what is his background? I also think depending on the location of the coaches you question will also affect what coach they pick. I do not know who the best is but I do wish we had more coaches like Mueller and Smith in the state of KY.
  16. Molly Mearns of Highlands was co runner of the year along with Hansen. Sydney Ossege and Lauren Ossege also of Highlands also made first team. Highlands is very young and very good, they will be the team to beat for the next couple of years atleast.
  17. Because somebody is good at marketing and making money off these kids.
  18. When was the last time Highlands won the regional championship?
  19. I do not think you can call Highlands under dog in this one. They can't be favored by much but I do think they are a slight favor. I was surprised when I read that Highlands has not won district championship since 2001. They are due but will they choke Tuesday, will NCC show their best and prove they still own the district? This should be a good one. Too bad they have a stupid blind draw and one of these teams will be going home.
  20. Funny, this topic came up in church today with a friend of mine. His daughter stopped playing softball at NCC because the coach does not want kids to play other sports. The coach made it very clear he did not want them doing other sports and not very nice to the kids or parents if they tried to do other sports.
  21. My kid ran varsity cross country in 7th and 8th grade and select soccer. Her soccer coach was an idiot all year and we put up with it, see missed no practice and only one game all year. Regional Cross Country meet fell on same day as a soccer tourney and told coach she would not make morning game due to CC race but would be there for afternoon games. Her soccer coach said to me "she will not run and will be at her soccer game." I had a few choice words for him and told him she would no longer be a member of the team. We found another team and could not be happier;the new coach encourages kids to play multiple sports and shows a lot of interest in how they do in other sports and school. In high school the coaches both agree and it has been no problem, the soccer coach even came to watch them run at a cc race. If your kid wants to do both, look for a coach who will allow it to happen. I think it is wrong to make a kid choose one sport if they have a love for both. People have told my daughter for 4 years that she was going to have to choose one sport but she loves both and could not stop either. It is not easy, but if it is what she loves, we will do everything possible to make it possible for her to continue both.
  22. I know it is way off topic, but I saw Alexander's name and it reminded me of something I heard last week. Shaun's nephew is enrolled in the Ft Thomas School system, will he have some of Shaun's genes and help lead the Birds to another title in the future? One thing is for sure, all the haters will talk about how Highlands illegally recruited him.
  23. I was told that the Boyle coaching staff still wanted to play the game, but that the School's administration pulled the plug on the game.
  24. I heard that the coaching staff at Boyle still wanted to play but that the School's administration are the ones who pulled the plug on the game.
  25. Newbie,first time to post. Basketball is a team sport,but what about sports that offer a individual middle school championship(swimming,track,cross country)? I know kids like to compete against their friends and also to prove they are the best in the area in middle school even if they are on the varsity or JV teams. I like to let them to be able to have fun with the sport, and not always feel the pressure of competing against the older kids. A good example is the HS girl who was an olympic medalist and then returned to her HS to swim in the state meet. I have no problem with this, she wanted to have fun with her friends. Sure she pushed out one of the other girls from the meet, but that is sports, the best kid is going to play. People tend to be to PC and want every kid to get a trophy. The Freshmen basketball team is for Freshmen, if the girls and the coach both want them to play I do not see a problem with it. If someone gets their feelings hurt,then they need to improve their game and be one of the top players to get the playing time.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.