Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs NCC Round 2 Predictions

Featured Replies

Highlands and NewCath will square off this Tuesday at 6pm in Ft Thomas with the loser going home.

 

NewCath has owned Highlands in yrs past and this yr has started off no different with NewCath winning round 1 in Ft Thomas during regular season.

Can Highlands pull the upset win on its home court?

Should be a great game and I would suspect with HHS and NCC boys playing afterwards there will be plenty of support from both sides. :thumb:

  • Replies 32
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands and NewCath will square off this Tuesday at 6pm in Ft Thomas with the loser going home.

 

NewCath has owned Highlands in yrs past and this yr has started off no different with NewCath winning round 1 in Ft Thomas during regular season.

Can Highlands pull the upset win on its home court?

Should be a great game and I would suspect with HHS and NCC boys playing afterwards there will be plenty of support from both sides. :thumb:

 

Would it really be an upset if Highlands wins? I think Highlands is the better team.

Would it really be an upset if Highlands wins? I think Highlands is the better team.

 

NewCath has definitely owned Highlands over the past few years. However, based on the rankings I would think that Highlands would be favored in this one. Playing at home can't hurt either.

Interesting that you mentioned the crowd factor which I think will be a pressure factor for both teams. Last time they played at Highlands could not have been much of crowd for NCC since it was the same Friday night as NCC Boys were playing Trinity at home. I would not know who the larger crowd will favor. Highlands certainly has been the more consistent team in the last month although the two recent close wins at the end of the season has to help NCC. Home floor might be the difference in Highlands pulling one out I think

Highlands 57 NCC 49

Better get there early, this will be a packed house for sure.

 

Looking forward to this rematch!! The Breds hit a big "bump in the road" after the All "A", albeit against some "heavyweights" and closed out the regular season win 2 nice wins. Playing the Birds at home is no easy task, however when these two teams take the floor it should be a "dandy".

  • Author
Better get there early, this will be a packed house for sure.

 

Looking forward to this rematch!! The Breds hit a big "bump in the road" after the All "A", albeit against some "heavyweights" and closed out the regular season win 2 nice wins. Playing the Birds at home is no easy task, however when these two teams take the floor it should be a "dandy".

 

I agree about the post All "A" slump.

Sometimes I think it would be an advantage for a team the caliber of NewCath to play in tournament that has Championship flavor to it and helps a team learn how to win a tournament along the way.

On the other hand, it can have some negative effects such as the losses they took after the tourney. Burn out, mental and physical letdowns. NewCath definitely lost to some very good teams along the way and in the end it will have them ready.

 

I hear what people are sayin about Highlands being ranked higher but c'mon, the way NewCath has owned Highlands over the past yrs would suggest that Highlands will be the underdog in this one even at home.

 

I don't think a big crowd will bother Highlands or NewCath so throw that one out the window and I do think it will be a full house as NewCath is known to bring all the cousins off the hills when their teams play big games, especially Highlands (girls or boys)

 

Iam pretty sure Highlands is healthy and ready to go, not sure what NewCath's health condition is right now, I hope they are full strength as well. :thumb:

I do not think you can call Highlands under dog in this one. They can't be favored by much but I do think they are a slight favor. I was surprised when I read that Highlands has not won district championship since 2001. They are due but will they choke Tuesday, will NCC show their best and prove they still own the district? This should be a good one. Too bad they have a stupid blind draw and one of these teams will be going home.

I do not think you can call Highlands under dog in this one. They can't be favored by much but I do think they are a slight favor. I was surprised when I read that Highlands has not won district championship since 2001. They are due but will they choke Tuesday, will NCC show their best and prove they still own the district? This should be a good one. Too bad they have a stupid blind draw and one of these teams will be going home.

 

Highlands won the district in 07 and 08. It is a shame one of these teams are not going to the regional tournament.

Highlands won the district in 07 and 08. It is a shame one of these teams are not going to the regional tournament.

 

It is a shame! Both teams have a chance to do something and are good enough to upset ND if the time was right. But one will go home and a first round regional game will be a running clock. I hate to put it that way, but no one else in the 36th is strong enough to play with anyone that would win their district. Either way, I feel bad for the loser...even if it is NCC! Although HHS has more seniors, so I'll probably root for them.

36th District Champ & Runner-up since 1999

 

year Champ Runner-up

2012 NewCath - Highlands

2011 NewCath - Highlands

2010 NewCath - Bellevue (NC/HHS drew each other) Bellevue lost to Boone Co. 62-20 in Regional

2009 NewCath - Highlands

2008 Highlands - Dayton (NC/HHS drew each other) Dayton lost to Notre Dame 69-17 in Regional

2007 Highlands - NewCath

2006 Newport - Highlands

2005 NewCath - Highlands

2004 NewCath - Highlands

2003 NewCath - Highlands

2002 NewCath - Highlands

2001 Highlands - NewCath

2000 Highlands - Newport

1999 Highlands - Bellevue (NC/HHS drew each other) Bellevue lost to Conner 59-28 in Regional

  • Author
I do not think you can call Highlands under dog in this one. They can't be favored by much but I do think they are a slight favor. I was surprised when I read that Highlands has not won district championship since 2001. They are due but will they choke Tuesday, will NCC show their best and prove they still own the district? This should be a good one. Too bad they have a stupid blind draw and one of these teams will be going home.

 

 

How exactly do you figure Highlands is the favorite? NewCath beat HHS at Highlands earlier in the yr.

NewCath is the favorite without question imo...

NCC won the regular season game by two at Highlands but Highlands has been playing well down the stretch while NCC did lose five straight prior to their two game win streak. I'll take the hot team in another tight game.

  • Author
NCC won the regular season game by two at Highlands but Highlands has been playing well down the stretch while NCC did lose five straight prior to their two game win streak. I'll take the hot team in another tight game.

 

Pls define "Hot" :idunno:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.