Highlands vs NCC Round 2 Predictions

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time Highlands won the regional championship?

If I counted right...only 7 different teams have won the region in the last 22 years. And two of them only won it once. So really the region has been dominated by 5 teams. I'm not sure when Brossart, sk, camp co, Scott left the region, but I'm sure they would have had a say in several of these.

1990 Conner

1991 Conner

1992 Dixie Heights

1993 Holmes

1994 Highlands

1995 Highlands

1996 Highlands

1997 Boone Co.

1998 Boone Co.

1999 Holmes

2000 Highlands

2001 Highlands

2002 Holmes

2003 Newport C.C.

2004 Boone Co.

2005 Newport C. C.

2006 Boone Co.

2007 Notre Dame

2008 Conner

2009 Boone Co.

2010 Boone Co.

2011 Newport C.C.

2012 Boone Co

36th District Champ & Runner-up since 1999

year Champ Runner-up

2012 NewCath - Highlands

2011 NewCath - Highlands

2010 NewCath - Bellevue (NC/HHS drew each other) Bellevue lost to Boone Co. 62-20 in Regional

2009 NewCath - Highlands

2008 Highlands - Dayton (NC/HHS drew each other) Dayton lost to Notre Dame 69-17 in Regional

2007 Highlands - NewCath

2006 Newport - Highlands

2005 NewCath - Highlands

2004 NewCath - Highlands

2003 NewCath - Highlands

2002 NewCath - Highlands

2001 Highlands - NewCath

2000 Highlands - Newport

1999 Highlands - Bellevue (NC/HHS drew each other) Bellevue lost to Conner 59-28 in Regional

Interesting to see Newport won the District as recent as 2006. Did not realize that. Great information. Thanks.

Why would teams like Bellevue and Dayton would want to continue with the blind draw and then get embarrassed like that in the Regional? Just asking the queston.

Interesting to see Newport won the District as recent as 2006. Did not realize that. Great information. Thanks.

Why would teams like Bellevue and Dayton would want to continue with the blind draw and then get embarrassed like that in the Regional? Just asking the queston.

:deadhorse:

It is a shame! Both teams have a chance to do something and are good enough to upset ND if the time was right. But one will go home and a first round regional game will be a running clock. I hate to put it that way, but no one else in the 36th is strong enough to play with anyone that would win their district. Either way, I feel bad for the loser...even if it is NCC! Although HHS has more seniors, so I'll probably root for them.

:laugh::laugh:

Speaking of, where has he been on the site the last few months. Always loved his wit on here.

Probably still trying to figure out how to calm his Basketball parents down. I'm sure it's not an easy task to coach middle school basketball. Everyone's a superstar.