Cigar help

PurplePride92

I'm headed to Osaka, Japan and work is putting us up in the Hyatt Regency. Sweet sweet place. Anyways, they have a cigar lounge with Cubans on deck and I am a beginner to cigars and I need to know how to properly smoke one because I will be in that bar with a cognac and a Cuban tomorrow night. I want to make sure I am smoking it right. I have never smoked a cigar, well, a real cigar :D, so I want to do it right. I'm at the boss stage of my life and I am ready to play the part. Hook me up folks.

Guest Birdflu
I'm headed to Osaka, Japan and work is putting us up in the Hyatt Regency. Sweet sweet place. Anyways, they have a cigar lounge with Cubans on deck and I am a beginner to cigars and I need to know how to properly smoke one because I will be in that bar with a cognac and a Cuban tomorrow night. I want to make sure I am smoking it right. I have never smoked a cigar, well, a real cigar :D, so I want to do it right. I'm at the boss stage of my life and I am ready to play the part. Hook me up folks.

I don't understand the fascination with drinking and cigars. Neither are good for you.

Long draw, do not inhale though. Fill your mouth, I usually let a little esape through my nose. Press the tip of your tongue against the roof of your mouth and exhale slowly. This allows the flavors to touch the taste buds on the sides of your tongue. At least that's how I do it. Slow and steady, enjoy the flavors. It's a pleasure not a race to finish.

But simple rule. Don't hot box it, and you'll be fine.

Have a nice Romeo y Julieta perfecto picked out for myself for tonight. Planning on paring it with a nice bourbon barrell stout.

That sounds great.

I have a Punch leftover from a sampler pack that I think I'll have later with a glass of bourbon.

While we've got a cigar help thread open, I'm looking for a recommendation.

I need a relatively cheap cigar that I can keep on hand for things like giving away to guests that otherwise don't care about cigars. For that reason, it probably ought to be pretty mild. I don't really have a price in mind, but I hope somebody has something relatively inexpensive yet pleasant to smoke...

I am a non smoker and HATE the smell of cig. smoke...but like the smell of a fine cigar or a good pipe. Anyway a few years back was dating a woman who had a friend in med school. He had just come back from somewhere and was able to score some (supposedly) Cuban cigars. I took one (he had several different ones), don't remember what type/style, but all I know is it about put me under...it was super strong and made me very dizzy and sick. With that said, I think I could/would enjoy a good quality, very mild cigar, but have no idea what that would be?