Sheila Jackson Lee a freed slave?

Jackson Lee suggested lawmakers should take inspiration from President Lincoln’s leadership during the Civil War.

“I stand here as a freed slave because this Congress came together. Are we going to be able to do it today to free America?”

Who elected this woman. According to here logistics, she looks pretty good to be about 100 years old or so.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I sit here as freed slave typing this post hoping that you're just being sarcastic and aren't completely missing the point of her statement just because she used the word 'slave' in it. It's a message the entire Congress should take heed to. Not just one party.
Was she illustrating absurdity by being absurd? She is not, has not, nor has she ever been a slave in shackles or freed, unless she uses a real good anti aging cream. Saying she is a freed slave would comparable to saying that I am a former millionaire.

Was she illustrating absurdity by being absurd? She is not, has not, nor has she ever been a slave in shackles or freed, unless she uses a real good anti aging cream. Saying she is a freed slave would comparable to saying that I am a former millionaire.

No. She is implying that Congress came together in a tumultuous time led by Abraham Lincoln and by coming together they abolsihed slavery. Had Congress not come together at that point then she very well still could have been a slave but Congress got their act together and abolished it. She is calling for Congress to do the same now. If that Congress could come together to abolish slavery why can't they come together now to fix a mutlitude of things gone wrong? None of which are more pressing than what slavery was and BOTH sides need to work together to fix it just like they did in 1865. Too bad your blinders are too big to realize the ultimate message she was trying to say.

And people say black people are sensitive when it comes to racial issues. Geez...........smh..........

No. She is implying that Congress came together in a tumultuous time led by Abraham Lincoln and by coming together they abolsihed slavery. Had Congress not come together at that point then she very well still could have been a slave but Congress got their act together and abolished it. She is calling for Congress to do the same now. If that Congress could come together to abolish slavery why can't they come together now to fix a mutlitude of things gone wrong? None of which are more pressing than what slavery was and BOTH sides need to work together to fix it just like they did in 1865. Too bad your blinders are too big to realize the ultimate message she was trying to say.

And people say black people are sensitive when it comes to racial issues. Geez...........smh..........

Not blind to absurd statements. Again, she is no more a freed slave as I am a freed millionaire. Other than ancestors possibly being freed slaves, she is WAY off the mark. She has a LONG history of being absurd. Not sensitive to racial issues, just sensitive to politicians with diarrhea of the mouth. I do not have to justify my stance on race matters, as I have said in a previous post that I do care a great deal about color, the color green. The favorite color of any true capitalist.

Not blind to absurd statements. Again, she is no more a freed slave as I am a freed millionaire. Other than ancestors possibly being freed slaves, she is WAY off the mark. She has a LONG history of being absurd. Not sensitive to racial issues, just sensitive to politicians with diarrhea of the mouth. I do not have to justify my stance on race matters, as I have said in a previous post that I do care a great deal about color, the color green. The favorite color of any true capitalist.

And yet you missed big time on what she was trying to say.

If it were just about anyone else but Sheila Jackson Lee, I'd get your point. As it is, she's a horrific maroon and I think you're giving her much to much credit for being, dare I say it, witty.

To be fair, even GWB came up with nuggets of wisdom on occasion.

If it were just about anyone else but Sheila Jackson Lee, I'd get your point. As it is, she's a horrific maroon and I think you're giving her much to much credit for being, dare I say it, witty.

Since I really have no idea who she is or what she is about it(I'm gonna guess a black democrat) makes it much easier to take in her statement the way it should be taken. Without bias or judgment. I know plenty of stupid people who say something that makes sense every now and then.

Since I really have no idea who she is or what she is about it(I'm gonna guess a black democrat) makes it much easier to take in her statement the way it should be taken. Without bias or judgment. I know plenty of stupid people who say something that makes sense every now and then.
Don't care what here skin tone is or what party she's affiliated with, I'm just talking about the stupid things that come out of her mouth often.

Have you read the Book "Team of Rivals" or have you watched the movie? If you did, you wouldn't call what Congress (although it was the correct thing to do) did was come together, what they did or at least to me, what they did, was what Congress does today, that is line their own pockets and or take care of themselves first, and that is how the bill was passed!