Simon Kenton vs Collins 1-21-2013 Cancelled

Convenient for the underdog. I've never heard of a school system instituting this ever. Maybe they do, never heard of it in my life.

It's not like Simon Kenton is the only school in the district...... I'd say when the game was scheduled they'd never heard of it either. That's quite a stretch their doc.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like Simon Kenton is the only school in the district...... I'd say when the game was scheduled they'd never heard of it either. That's quite a stretch their doc.

Lots of game scheduled around the Commonwealth tomorrow.

Lots of game scheduled around the Commonwealth tomorrow.

But none at home for SK, Dixie or Scott. I find it funny that their choosing to honor a holiday is being questioned when it's not their choice and it doesn't just effect one school. We aren't talking about a one team district like in the hills of Kentucky. We're talking about a school district with over 120,000 residents in the county..... C'mon man.

But none at home for SK, Dixie or Scott. I find it funny that their choosing to honor a holiday is being questioned when it's not their choice and it doesn't just effect one school. We aren't talking about a one team district like in the hills of Kentucky. We're talking about a school district with over 120,000 residents in the county..... C'mon man.

I'm not going to justify it. I find it stupid, just like what they did to Dixie and Scott.

I'm equal opportunity, I think it's stupid for the whole district.

I'm equal opportunity, I think it's stupid for the whole district.

Ha I agree I just felt like you were taking a shot at the team when it's out of their hands.

I wish my work felt as passionately about this holiday so as to not allow anyone in the building.....

The Kenton County School Board reached the decision that in honor of MLK Day, there shall be no school related activities.

Nothwithstanding this directive from the school board, Simon Kenton scheduled a basketball game on the MLK Holiday.

The beef is not with the Kenton County School Board. It was certainly within their right to honor Dr. King in this fashion.

Waiting for an explanation for why Simon Kenton scheduled a game on a prohibited date.

The Kenton County School Board reached the decision that in honor of MLK Day, there shall be no school related activities.

Nothwithstanding this directive from the school board, Simon Kenton scheduled a basketball game on the MLK Holiday.

The beef is not with the Kenton County School Board. It was certainly within their right to honor Dr. King in this fashion.

Waiting for an explanation for why Simon Kenton scheduled a game on a prohibited date.

The Kenton County School Board can stick it where the sun does not shine! This is an absurd requirement that is a blatant abuse of authority and inconsistent with other public institutions, like UK, for example. Combine this policy with the one which disallows team practices on Sundays and you have one ridiculous situation.

Martin Luther King would be honored by excellence on the court and the class room, not by holding student athletes back.

How many of the football teams in the state that qualified for the state semi-finals practiced on Thanksgiving?

Answer: ALL OF THEM

Edited by jolmstead