Holmes 74 Scott 69

Walter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The officials lost control of this game. #3 from Holmes, on 3 different plays in the fourth quarter intentionally threw 3 elbows and the head of #2 from Scott who was trying to attempt to deny him on every possession. A good crew would have ejected him and he would not be making the trip to Florida. I don't blame the players because if the "stripes" would of taken control of the game then it would of never got to that point. He has amazing potential and this team does as well. However, the difference between this Holmes team and the 2009 State Champion is leadership from the players and composure.

Walter, you know as well as I do and as a Hoops fan that it's not always the final foul count that matters and changes the game. It's when they were called and what was missed by the officials. I try not to ever put a win or loss on a crew because at the end of the day its the Kids who have to decide the game with execution and smart play. Scott got back into the game with hard work and playing through the adversity.

I'm happy for both teams, I'm Holmes alum and have cousins on the team. It was a great atmosphere to see.

To be fair... Holmes also took that amount of fts in the fourth because of Scott having no choice but to foul in final 230 because they were down.

It made me shake my head and laugh that the Scott fans were complaining about officiating until their team got back in the game.

Final foul count:

Holmes 18

Scott 23

The officials lost control of this game. #3 from Holmes, on 3 different plays in the fourth quarter intentionally threw 3 elbows and the head of #2 from Scott who was trying to attempt to deny him on every possession. A good crew would have ejected him and he would not be making the trip to Florida. I don't blame the players because if the "stripes" would of taken control of the game then it would of never got to that point. He has amazing potential and this team does as well. However, the difference between this Holmes team and the 2009 State Champion is leadership from the players and composure.[/quote]

I think there is a vast difference between the 2009 team and 2013 team in terms of TALENT. The state champion team had 2 D-1 players, this Holmes squad has one potential D-1 player. I think Booher does a nice job with what he has, but would put the Dogs chances advancing to Rupp around 25%. CovCath, Cooper and NCC could all potentially stop Holmes. Perhaps Dixie too if Hatton is healthy and on fire.

Jackson is very impressive for Scott. I questioned why the Eagles tried to pressure Holmes in the first half as it seemed Holmes was way too quick for Scott. The Eagles did a great job of battling themselves back into the action in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Bolden is super smooth but he has to control the dirty chippy play. Holmes all together needs to clean up the dirty play. Officiating was awful. Bolden elbows Pouncy in the chin and Pouncy gets called for the foul. Ridiculous! I've seen a lot of bad officiating over the years and the female official is probably the worst official I have ever seen.

Bolden is super smooth but he has to control the dirty chippy play. Holmes all together needs to clean up the dirty play. Officiating was awful. Bolden elbows Pouncy in the chin and Pouncy gets called for the foul. Ridiculous! I've seen a lot of bad officiating over the years and the female official is probably the worst official I have ever seen.

My youngest son plays 4th grade AAU. When they get fouled (or, better yet, when they, or their parents THINK they have been fouled) the coach is very firm in saying, "NO! That is not a foul! THAT's BASKETBALL!."

Its funny to hear Scott fans especially complain about "dirty chippy play" considering how Brad gets his players to play. Pot meet kettle :)

Any elbow swung through the head with or without contact is supposed to be an automatic technical/intentional foul. Any blow to the head which that play was, is supposed to be called as a new point of emphasis this year. It was not and was a huge play. Holmes makes 2 FT's when it should have been according to the rules 2 FT's and the ball for Scott.

The crew in the first game of the evening did a great job (Harrison/Russell). The crew in this game missed a number of calls, and a lot of elbows that were purposely thrown by Holmes players.

My youngest son plays 4th grade AAU. When they get fouled (or, better yet, when they, or their parents THINK they have been fouled) the coach is very firm in saying, "NO! That is not a foul! THAT's BASKETBALL!."

Its funny to hear Scott fans especially complain about "dirty chippy play" considering how Brad gets his players to play. Pot meet kettle :)

Scott plays in your face defense, absolutely nothing dirty about the way they play and teach defense.

Scott plays in your face defense, absolutely nothing dirty about the way they play and teach defense.

My point was that Holmes plays in your face defense too and nothing dirty on their part. Sounds like Scott fans don't like it when it is played against them.

If the official does not call it, then it is not a foul. Fouls are very subjective and open to the interpretation of the official.

My point was that Holmes plays in your face defense too and nothing dirty on their part. Sounds like Scott fans don't like it when it is played against them.

If the official does not call it, then it is not a foul. Fouls are very subjective and open to the interpretation of the official.

The young man was holding his jaw/chin in obvious pain. He kept checking for blood in his mouth. Nothing to be interpreted there even for the most unintelligent basketball fan.

There were multiple blatant elbows throughout the game. Nothing subjective and nothing to interpret. The elbows were thrown when Holmes had offensive possession. Had nothing to do with the 'in your face D' that you're talking about. The officials had zero control.

The officials lost control of this game. #3 from Holmes, on 3 different plays in the fourth quarter intentionally threw 3 elbows and the head of #2 from Scott who was trying to attempt to deny him on every possession. A good crew would have ejected him and he would not be making the trip to Florida. I don't blame the players because if the "stripes" would of taken control of the game then it would of never got to that point. He has amazing potential and this team does as well. However, the difference between this Holmes team and the 2009 State Champion is leadership from the players and composure.

Way off. And I can tell this was the first time you saw Holmes if you really think they don't have leadership and composure.

You also failed to mention what started that was #2 (Castleman is his name) blatantly pushing Bolden when he was walking by him. I also noticed you didn't mention #14 running his mouth to BJ Coston and Coston just looking at him, laughing, and walking away from the situation as the kid continued to follow him.

Again, if the refs take control early, none of this happens but let's not sit here and act like it was all the Holmes players. Both teams were running their mouths and playing physical.

Come on now...Pouncy was riding him the whole way back (no foul called), both jumped at the same time and as Bolden came down with the ball (caught ball above his head arms extended), elbow caught Pouncy on the way down. Not once did he swing his elbow at another player. Was he guilty of talking a little trash? Absolutely. But it was after Castleman pushed him. Another player grabbed him and threw him down on a drive, which caused him to jump up.

You also didn't mention the time where Chames was going up for a dunk and the Scott player came and undercut him from behind then stood over him on the ground. Why did you not mention that???

I wouldn't even mention the stuff if Scott fans weren't bringing up what they "think" should be a foul. You're trying to make one team look bad when in reality it was both sets of players who were guilty.

Funny you say the female official was bad as well, as there were two Scott parents behind me who kept praising her because she was the only one making calls in their favor.

I try to stay as unbiased as possible because of the work that I do but I'm going to call it how I see it and several of the things being brought up by a few Scott fans simply aren't true and aren't being portrayed how they really happened.