Tates Creek Sophomore Quarterback transfers to Madison Southern

CreekFan

I guess so.

I guess Southerns entire backfield will be transfers then. Harris from Central and this kid from TC.

I could not help but notice that the stands for both Bryan Station and Scott County were empty for playoff games. What is going on in the Lexington District?

He also threw for over 2300 yards with a 56% completion rate... as a Sophomre. Most all of his TD passes were from 20 yards out or more. Harmon would usually hand the ball off to Oxendine and run it in when they got close. His dad lives in Berea, he moved down to live with him. I don't know what's up with the Lexington District. There doesn't seem to be any interest in High School football for sure...

Graham is a very good QB. And an even better kid. Not sure where the hate comes from but he was 3rd in 6A in passing. If thats not good then I'm not sure what is. And was getting his first extensive starting action, being a Soph. Will be a JR with much less competition at Southern. The kid will light up that district. He will throw for 3k next year. Great addition for Madison Southern. We wish him the best of luck.

Just to throw it out there. Going from one parent to another is not an 'automatic' transfer sit-out waiver by any means.

KHSAA will probably still have to weigh in and rule. I believe this was the scenario in Boyle County for a you man who switched schools via switching residence with 2 parents. PP92 may expand on that if it is similar.

I hope it works out well for all involved. I believe the kid had the 2nd highest QB rating in Fayette this year.

Just to throw it out there. Going from one parent to another is not an 'automatic' transfer sit-out waiver by any means.

KHSAA will probably still have to weigh in and rule. I believe this was the scenario in Boyle County for a you man who switched schools via switching residence with 2 parents. PP92 may expand on that if it is similar.

I hope it works out well for all involved. I believe the kid had the 2nd highest QB rating in Fayette this year.

As always every csae is different. I think the Dunn case w as complicated by paperwork not being filled out correctly and in the timeframe allowed to present the paperwork. I think the dad had to have sole custody of the kid and provide the paperwork proving the dad was the primary caregiver and has sole custody. I think it was something like that. Not completely sure but I think there is more to just moving in with the other parent to be eligible. Not sure if it makes a difference that the kid is moving from Lexington to Berea. Will Dunn moved from Danvillle district to Boyle County distrcit and was never ruled eligible.

Good luck to the kid and his family. I hope he has no complications and can play immediately. As a father trying to get my son to come live with me I hope it all works out them.

As a father trying to get my son to come live with me I hope it all works out them.

KHSAA allows a "one time" move to kids of divorced parents that have joint custody, without having to sit out a season. You can read it in their bylaws or call the KHSAA director to verify, but again, it's a one time transfer so there is no going back once your decision is made...

In reading bylaw 6 it does sound like he is automatically eligible when he moves to the other parent.

http://khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/bylaw6.pdf

KHSAA allows a "one time" move to kids of divorced parents that have joint custody, without having to sit out a season. You can read it in their bylaws or call the KHSAA director to verify, but again, it's a one time transfer so there is no going back once your decision is made...

All I know for certain is that Will Dunn moved in with his dad and was ruled ineligible. Unfairly.