Man Of Steel (Superman Movie)

I will probably go see it.

I'm not a comic book guru but know enough of the super heroes that will understand what's going on etc. I am not one that will pick it apart for differences in the movie compared to comic book version of Superman etc. I basically go to the movies to enjoy the movie itself instead of comparing to books or whatever because books are usually so much better because you use your imagination more.

I like the Spiderman movies and the Iron Man movies, can't stand the Batman movies, especially the ones with Val Kilmer or Michael whats his face or George Clooney, just don't like the directors concepts in those, too dark etc. they all seemed more interested in set design than the actual story and didn't care for them at all. Spiderman and Iron man I liked because they made the hero's more humanlike.

All that said, watching the trailers for this movie I like what I see, so I'll check it out. I just want an entertaining movie, could care less if the little details don't follow the comic books to a tee.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will probably go see it.

I'm not a comic book guru but know enough of the super heroes that will understand what's going on etc. I am not one that will pick it apart for differences in the movie compared to comic book version of Superman etc. I basically go to the movies to enjoy the movie itself instead of comparing to books or whatever because books are usually so much better because you use your imagination more.

I like the Spiderman movies and the Iron Man movies, can't stand the Batman movies, especially the ones with Val Kilmer or Michael whats his face or George Clooney, just don't like the directors concepts in those, too dark etc. they all seemed more interested in set design than the actual story and didn't care for them at all. Spiderman and Iron man I liked because they made the hero's more humanlike.

All that said, watching the trailers for this movie I like what I see, so I'll check it out. I just want an entertaining movie, could care less if the little details don't follow the comic books to a tee.

Did you not see any of the Christopher Nolan Batman movies? They're dark but realistically make Batman seem like he could be a real person.

Did you not see any of the Christopher Nolan Batman movies? They're dark but realistically make Batman seem like he could be a real person.

The last Batman movie i've seen was heath Ledger's last movie which i really enjoyed. I thought Ledger was awesome in the movie and his character easily stole tthe show. I did like that one...didn't pay attention who the director was, but if that iis who you were talking about I liked his work. I am not a fan of the director, name eescapes me right now, who did the first couple.

The first two Batman movies were done by Tim Burton. In most cases people either love or hate Burton.

The last three were done by Nolan who I don't know if he has ever done a bad movie. The Dark Knight with Ledger as the Joker is amazing. No one has ever and I'm not sure anyone will be able to ever top that performance as The Joker. I felt like the movie was almost more about him than Batman.

I haven't watched the new superman movie but I know superman is just tough to do. One he is almost has no limit to his power and he doesn't really have any flaws as a person. Those two things make it pretty tough to do a story. It works in the comics for a number of reasons but is a tough one shot sell for a movie

The last Batman movie I've seen was heath Ledger's last movie which i really enjoyed. I thought Ledger was awesome in the movie and his character easily stole the show. I did like that one...didn't pay attention who the director was, but if that is who you were talking about I liked his work. I am not a fan of the director, name escapes me right now, who did the first couple.

Batman (1966) - Directed By Leslie H. Martinson

-Batman

-Robin

-The Joker

-The Penguin

-The Riddler

-Catwoman

Batman (1989) - Directed By Tim Burton

-Batman

-The Joker

Batman Returns (1992) - Directed By Tim Burton

-Batman

-Catwoman

-The Penguin

Batman Forever (1995) - Directed By Joel Schumacher

-Batman

-Robin

-The Riddler

-Two-Face

Batman & Robin (1997) - Directed By Joel Schumacher

-Batman

-Robin

-Batgirl

-Bane

-Poison Ivy

-Mr. Freeze

Batman Begins (2005) - Directed By Christopher Nolan

-Batman

-Ra's al Ghul

-Scarecrow

The Dark Knight (2008) - Directed By Christopher Nolan

-Batman

-The Joker

-Two-Face

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - Directed By Christopher Nolan

-Batman

-"Robin"

-Catwoman

-Talia al Ghul

-Bane

-Batman

-Robin

-The Joker

-The Penguin

-The Riddler

-Catwoman

-Batman

-The Joker

-Batman

-Catwoman

-The Penguin

-Batman

-Robin

-The Riddler

-Two-Face

-Batman

-Robin

-Batgirl

-Bane

-Poison Ivy

-Mr. Freeze

-Batman

-Ra's al Ghul

-Scarecrow

-Batman

-The Joker

-Two-Face

-Batman

-"Robin"

-Catwoman

-Talia al Ghul

-Bane

I like all of them, save for "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin".

I think when most think of the first Batman movie they think of Burton and not the Adam West movie which was just an expanded tv show made as a movie. Granted I think that is with all the villains on a sub and Batman fighting a shark out of water.

Now before all of those there was a Batman serial that I believe was shown before movies or at movie theaters. It was black and white and the villain could turn invisible.

***SPOILER ALERT***

There are a lot more instances, you can Google it and there are a lot including the Joker. Phantom Zone wasn't an option as it was already gone with the others. I think they gave him justification when Zod explains what happened to Jar-El. I understand if you didn't like it but as a life long fan of The MoS, I had no problem with it. Again he's not Batman who goes out of his way not to kill, he's Superman.

Oh, don't mistake my sentiment. It fit the movie and made sense. It wasn't about liking it so much as being surprised by it. I, also, had no issue with how the movie played out.

-Batman

-Robin

-The Joker

-The Penguin

-The Riddler

-Catwoman

-Batman

-The Joker

-Batman

-Catwoman

-The Penguin

-Batman

-Robin

-The Riddler

-Two-Face

-Batman

-Robin

-Batgirl

-Bane

-Poison Ivy

-Mr. Freeze

-Batman

-Ra's al Ghul

-Scarecrow

-Batman

-The Joker

-Two-Face

-Batman

-"Robin"

-Catwoman

-Talia al Ghul

-Bane

Thanks!!

It's Tim Burton I don't like, all his movies no matter what genre are all done in the same style, whether it's animated or an actual movie. Just not a big fan.

This almost got made!!!!:scared:

Superman Lives (1997)

So what was Kevin Smith's concept for Superman? The script, which he called Superman Lives, also featured Brainiac as a villain, and included the death and resurrection of Superman in its storyline. Unfortunately, the similarities ended there. In an extended monologue at a fan event, Smith revealed that there were a number of absolutely insane parameters placed on his screenplay by producer Jon Peters.

According to Smith, in his first meeting with Peters, the producer explained that he envisioned Sean Penn as Superman because he wanted the hero to come across as "a violent, caged animal — a f--king killer." Peters also laid down three rules for the script: Superman couldn't wear his familiar red-and-blue costume, Superman couldn't fly, and Superman had to fight a giant spider in the story's third act. After reading Smith's first draft, Peters asked Smith to add "a gay R2-D2" as a sidekick for Brainiac, and a character resembling Chewbacca, in order to capitalize on the success of the then-recent Star Wars re-releases.

Eventually, Batman director Tim Burton signed on to direct Superman Lives, with Nicolas Cage attached to play Superman. Burton had Smith's script thrown out in favor of a new script by writers that he'd personally chosen. Though locations were scouted and Cage did a costume test, the production was repeatedly delayed due to various creative and production problems. Burton left the project in 1998, and Cage left the project in 2000.

Read the full text here: 6 Superman Movies that Didn't Get Made | Mental Floss

--brought to you by mental_floss!

Yeah that almost got made. Smith wanted to do Superman for a long time. He also is a pretty decent comic book writer. I don't know if the Superman script stuff with Burton happened before or after Burton and Smith had an issue over a Planet of the Apes thing.