Man Of Steel (Superman Movie)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than the action being a little over the top I thought it was a good movie. Liked it better than any of the Marvel movies, including the Avengers (overrated IMO). It's not Batman but I thought it was good.

Even better than the first Iron Man? The Dark Knight is the only one I'd put over Iron Man.

I would describe this movie as extremely OK. I enjoyed it, and I'd watch it again, but at the end of the day I'm not certain it will ever be possible to make a truly compelling Superman movie. It's just too hard when you have a hero that is practically a God.

I really enjoyed the first 1.5 hours of buildup, and I did enjoy the action scenes when you practically turn off your brain and just enjoy. But I felt a lot of it took large jumps in any logic and moved sooooo fast.

Other than the action being a little over the top I thought it was a good movie. Liked it better than any of the Marvel movies, including the Avengers (overrated IMO). It's not Batman but I thought it was good.

Here is the exact problem..... its not Batman!!!! Comparing it to Batman is unfair.

Did the ending surprise anyone else?

The Superman I read about in comics or watched in cartoons or movies NEVER made a decision like the one Superman made to defeat Zod at the end of this movie. Maybe, when he lobotomizes Doomsday in the death of Superman comics, but that is it.

Did the ending surprise anyone else?

The Superman I read about in comics or watched in cartoons or movies NEVER made a decision like the one Superman made to defeat Zod at the end of this movie. Maybe, when he lobotomizes Doomsday in the death of Superman comics, but that is it.

A little research finds that he has made that decision more than we may have remembered.

Even better than the first Iron Man? The Dark Knight is the only one I'd put over Iron Man.

I would describe this movie as extremely OK. I enjoyed it, and I'd watch it again, but at the end of the day I'm not certain it will ever be possible to make a truly compelling Superman movie. It's just too hard when you have a hero that is practically a God.

I really enjoyed the first 1.5 hours of buildup, and I did enjoy the action scenes when you practically turn off your brain and just enjoy. But I felt a lot of it took large jumps in any logic and moved sooooo fast.

Don't get me wrong I like Iron Man and Robert Downey JR. But I prefer the more serious tones that the Batman movies and this Superman have taken. Iron Man is my favorite Marvel series but still.

A little research finds that he has made that decision more than we may have remembered.

***SPOILER ALERT***

If you haven't seen the movie, stop reading this post!

How many villains did Superman kill with his bare hands in the comics? He snapped Zod's neck. I can remember killing Doomsday in the comics, Doomsday lobotomy in the Justice League TV show and throwing Nuclear Man in a nuclear reactor in Superman 4. That's it in like 25 years of fandom.

Even if there are more instances, I still thought he would just send Zod to the Phantom Zone the way he did with the others. It took me for a loop, for sure.

***SPOILER ALERT***

If you haven't seen the movie, stop reading this post!

How many villains did Superman kill with his bare hands in the comics? He snapped Zod's neck. I can remember killing Doomsday in the comics, Doomsday lobotomy in the Justice League TV show and throwing Nuclear Man in a nuclear reactor in Superman 4. That's it in like 25 years of fandom.

Even if there are more instances, I still thought he would just send Zod to the Phantom Zone the way he did with the others. It took me for a loop, for sure.

***SPOILER ALERT***

There are a lot more instances, you can Google it and there are a lot including the Joker. Phantom Zone wasn't an option as it was already gone with the others. I think they gave him justification when Zod explains what happened to Jar-El. I understand if you didn't like it but as a life long fan of The MoS, I had no problem with it. Again he's not Batman who goes out of his way not to kill, he's Superman.

I saw this movie yesterday for Father's Day with my sons. Very good time. General Zod was a great villian. Last night "Superman Returns" was on cable (first time I had seen it in awhile). I liked it when it first came out, but after seeing "Man of Steel", it was laughable. So here is a different question - how does this Lois Lane compare to previous movies? Hot or Not?

I enjoyed it, and I'd watch it again, but at the end of the day I'm not certain it will ever be possible to make a truly compelling Superman movie. It's just too hard when you have a hero that is practically a God.

That is probably why there hasn't been a movie made about me :rolleyes: