Man Of Steel (Superman Movie)

I'm going to be watching more movies at the movie theater this summer than I have in a very long time. Between this, Fast and Furious 6, Hangover III and Ironman 3 I may set a summer record of attending movies at the movie theater. Too bad Entourage isn't coming out this summer.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive my ignorance but how come Christian Bale wouldn't be Batman? Is he no longer going to be Batman?

It's been a while since I read this, but I'm pretty sure Bale said he would only play that role if Christopher Nolan was directing. He's producing Man of Steel, so I don't know if that counts.

• 1 month later...
I generally put little credence to the ratings that movies get on Rotten Tomatoes...especially the ratings that are out there while the movie is still in the theaters.

I don't think it's perfect but with such movies as this only 58% of the critics liked it.

I mean it's not a fan observation, but 58% is still something. The rating will not go up I don't believe.

Saw it tonight, this may the most believable Superman so far. Reeves was too skinny and they made him into such a duffus as Clark. Last guy (can't remember his name) did not seem right either.

Movie is pretty solid, gets a little slow action wise for a while as back story is being developed. Crowe and Costner both do a good jobs as Superman's fathers.

Overall it may be the best Superman movie yet, but there really isn't a lot of competition for that title as most of the others were not real good.

If you are a Superman fan you'll like it, if you have Marvel stuck up your butt, you will pick it apart.

It was also cool seeing some tanker trucks get trashed, that said Lexcorp on the side.

Other than the action being a little over the top I thought it was a good movie. Liked it better than any of the Marvel movies, including the Avengers (overrated IMO). It's not Batman but I thought it was good.