Bracken County 55 Pendleton County 52

Pendleton was plagued with first half foul trouble and dug a pretty sizable hole (30-19 at halftime). , but stormed back in the second half. Ashton Wolfe and Bradi Boden fouling out late spelled the end for PC and Bracken holds on to win by 3. I don't have any stats, so I'm hoping RP comes through. Both teams play again tomorrow night at Bracken, the Lady Bears face Villa Madonna and Pendleton plays Covington Latin.

As LCD said, Pendleton dug a hole in the first half when Heather Jolley went to the bench with foul problems. I believe Ashten Wolfe was also on the pine for the very same reason. Pendleton had a 13-10 lead & Bracken scored 19 straight points in the second quarter. Lady Cats make a small run to end the half to make it 30-19 going to the locker room.

Bracken scores first four points of the third quarter to make it 34-19. Then the Lady Bears began to experience foul trouble of their own. At one time, the Lady Bears had Bailey Cummins on the floor along with four reserves. Pendleton took advantage & that was when they made their run. Eventually got to within 1 point at 36-35, but never could regain the lead. It would have been interesting to see how Bracken would have responded if Pendleton had indeed regained that lead.

All told, it was a very sloppy game by both teams. Bracken County committed 30 turnovers & while I don't have PC's stats, I'm guessing they were very close to 30 as well. Just an ugly game from that standpoint.

In addition to the turnovers, a slew of fouls were called. It seemed like the two teams should have just had a free throw shooting contest. This is the only game I've watched so far this year, but from my spot in the stands, the "point of emphasis" for officials this year is to suck. The trio calling this game was terrible.

Cassidy Jefferson had a very nice game for Bracken County, finishing with 13 points, 10 rebounds & 5 blocks. Bailey Cummins led Bracken County with 16 points.

Heather Jolley had a really nice game for PC, leading all scorers with 21. She didn't get a lot of help, though.

As LCD said, Pendleton dug a hole in the first half when Heather Jolley went to the bench with foul problems. I believe Ashten Wolfe was also on the pine for the very same reason. Pendleton had a 13-10 lead & Bracken scored 19 straight points in the second quarter. Lady Cats make a small run to end the half to make it 30-19 going to the locker room.

Bracken scores first four points of the third quarter to make it 34-19. Then the Lady Bears began to experience foul trouble of their own. At one time, the Lady Bears had Bailey Cummins on the floor along with four reserves. Pendleton took advantage & that was when they made their run. Eventually got to within 1 point at 36-35, but never could regain the lead. It would have been interesting to see how Bracken would have responded if Pendleton had indeed regained that lead.

All told, it was a very sloppy game by both teams. Bracken County committed 30 turnovers & while I don't have PC's stats, I'm guessing they were very close to 30 as well. Just an ugly game from that standpoint.

In addition to the turnovers, a slew of fouls were called. It seemed like the two teams should have just had a free throw shooting contest. This is the only game I've watched so far this year, but from my spot in the stands, the "point of emphasis" for officials this year is to suck. The trio calling this game was terrible.

Cassidy Jefferson had a very nice game for Bracken County, finishing with 13 points, 10 rebounds & 5 blocks. Bailey Cummins led Bracken County with 16 points.

Heather Jolley had a really nice game for PC, leading all scorers with 21. She didn't get a lot of help, though.

What is your connection to the girls program?

Asbury was in attendance tonight, I'm assuming to watch Jolley. She played a really solid game tonight, running the floor & handling the ball really well. She needs to finish better around the basket & learn how to play with fouls. But all in all, the Jolley I saw tonight is greatly improved.

The refs were also being filmed, so that didn'thelp either. Gonna be a long year if they try and call everything. Taking away the flow of the game.

I agree with cb4&11. If the girls are taught to play the game right them there wouldn't be so many fouls. I've noticed that HS girls basketball has gotten really sloppy over the last several years and a lot of girls don't have the talent so they make it up by being brutal and physical and there seems to be coaches that encourage this type of play. Teach them to play a clean game and there wouldn't be so many fouls called. Don't blame the refs for trying to do their job. Too many refs are overlooking fouls just because it drags the game on if they call them and that's really not fair to anyone.

If it's a foul, it's a foul. If the kids get down, slide their feet and play defense, their shouldn't be a problem.

I agree with cb4&11. If the girls are taught to play the game right them there wouldn't be so many fouls. I've noticed that HS girls basketball has gotten really sloppy over the last several years and a lot of girls don't have the talent so they make it up by being brutal and physical and there seems to be coaches that encourage this type of play. Teach them to play a clean game and there wouldn't be so many fouls called. Don't blame the refs for trying to do their job. Too many refs are overlooking fouls just because it drags the game on if they call them and that's really not fair to anyone.

I don't disagree with either one of you about calling a foul a foul, but there are calls being made this year that haven't been made until right now, which I believe is the point of emphasis. Wouldn't you agree that these fouls are being emphasized now because they haven't been called in the past? The reason that aggressive play has increased is because officials have allowed that to happen. Players have been conditioned to that & now they are being re-conditioned in the other direction. It goes back to the officials, not the coaches, in my opinion.